- MTW-1 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- TNFSF12, TNF-related weak inducer of apoptosis, CD255
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
TWEAK is a 27 kD protein also known as tumor necrosis factor superfamily member 12 (TNFSF12), TNF-related weak inducer of apoptosis, and CD255. TWEAK is a type II transmembrane protein expressed on a variety of cell types. A soluble form of TWEAK is produced by proteolytic processing. TWEAK binds to the TWEAK receptor, FN14, to induce apoptosis, NF-κB translocation, and promote angiogenesis and endothelial cell proliferation. It has also been implicated in the induction of inflammatory cytokines.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: in vitro blocking of ligand binding2. Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. Nos. 120009 & 120010).
- Application References
- Nakayama M, et al. 2003. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 306:819.
- Mittal A, et al. 2010. J. Cell Biol. 188:833. (Block) PubMed
AB_2206211 (BioLegend Cat. No. 120005)
- TNF superfamily member, type II membrane protein and secreted (after proteolytic processing); forms homotrimer, 27 kD
Widely expressed; induced on activated CD4+ cells
- Weak inducer of apoptosis in some cell types, activates NF-κB, promotes angiogenesis and endothelial cell proliferation, induces inflammatory cytokine production
- TWEAKR/FN14, possible interaction with TNFSF12/APO3
- Cell Type
- T cells
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Cytokines/Chemokines
- Antigen References
1. Chicheportiche Y, et al. 1997. J. Biol. Chem. 272:32401.
2. Lynch CN, et al. 1999. J. Biol. Chem. 274:8455.
3. Schneider P, et al. 1999. Eur. J. Immunol. 29:1785.
- Gene ID
- 21944 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD255 on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.