- 14A6A34 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- SRY-related HMG-box gene 2, SRY (sex determining region Y)-box 2, MCOPS3, ANOP3
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
SOX2 is the most studied member of SRY-related box transcription factor family. It binds to target genes through its highly conserved HMG box domain. Inactivation of the SOX2 gene causes lethality during embryonic development. SOX2 knockdown in embryonic stem cells results in their differentiation. Co-expression of SOX with OCT4, MYC, and KLF4 is sufficient to reprogram somatic cells to induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs), which exert similar characteristics as natural pluripotent stem cells. These findings indicate that SOX2 is crucial for the self-renewal and pluripotency of embryonic stem cells. In addition, over-expression of SOX2 has been found in various types of malignant cancer. Knockdown of SOX2 results in cell cycle arrest by downregulating cyclin D1 and inhibition of tumor cell proliferation, suggesting that SOX2 is involved in activating genes associated with tumor progression.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Full length human SOX recombinant protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 594 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunocytochemistry. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 5.0 μg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 594 has an excitation maximum of 590 nm, and a maximum emission of 617 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Application Notes
This clone is not recommended for ChIP (Chromatin Immunoprecipitation) assays (as determined by in-house testing).
- Product Citations
AB_2563431 (BioLegend Cat. No. 656106)
- 317 amino acids, predicted molecular weight of 34 kD, contains a HMG box domain responsible for DNA binding
- Transcription factor that regulates the expression of the genes involved in embryonic development
- Interacts with FGFR1, SOX3, and ZSCAN10
- Cell Type
- Embryonic Stem Cells, Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Neural Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Stem Cells, Transcription Factors
- Antigen References
1. Rizzino A. 2009. Wiley Interdiscip. Rev. Syst. Biol. Med. 1:228.
2. Stolzenburg S, et al. 2012. Nucleic Acids Res. 40:6725.
3. Lai YS, et al. 2012. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 109:3772.
4. Jeong CH, et al. 2010. Stem Cells 28:2141.
5. Xiang R, et al. 2011. Br. J. Cancer 104:1410.
6. Card DA, et al. 2008. Mol. Cell Biol. 28:6426.
- Gene ID
- 6657 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about SOX2 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.