- DX5 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- α2 integrin, VLA-2 α chain, DX5, Integrin α2 chain, ITGA2
- Rat IgM, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|108915||25 µg||120,00 CHF|
|108916||100 µg||295,00 CHF|
DX5 antigen has been recently characterized as CD49b. It is a 150 kD integrin α chain also known as α2 integrin, VLA-2 α chain, and integrin α2 chain. CD49b non-covalently associates with CD29 (β1 integrin) to form the CD49b/CD29 complex known as VLA-2, a receptor for collagen and laminin. CD49b is expressed on platelets, the majority of NK cells, NKT cells, and a small subset of CD8+ T cells (this population can be significantly increased following viral infection). DX5 is used for the identification and isolation of NK cells, and is especially useful for identifying NK cells in mice lacking the NK1.1 antigen.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- IL-2-propagated NK1.1+ cells from C57BL/6 mice
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with PerCP/Cyanine5.5 under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
The DX5 clone detects cells expressing relatively high levels of CD49b and may not be useful for the detection of cells expressing low levels of CD49b. DX5 does not block NK cell killing or binding to collagen in vitro. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: complement-mediated cytotoxicity2 and immunohistochemical staining5 of formalin-fixed and paraffin-embedded tissue sections as well as immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections10. The binding of DX5 antibody to splenic NK cells can be blocked by HMa2 antibody.
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PerCP/Cy5.5 to PerCP/Cyanine5.5. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PerCP/Cyanine5.5 products. Contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Arase H, et al. 2001. J. Immunol. 167:1141. (FC)
- Sepulveda H, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 163:1133.
- Norian LA and Allen PM. 2004. J. Immunol. 173:835. (FC)
- Andoniou CE, et al. 2005. Nature Immunology 6:1011.
- Oertelt S, et al. 2006. J. Immunol. 177:1655. (IHC) PubMed
- Bourdeau A, et al. 2007. Blood doi:10.1182/blood-2006-08-044370.
- Charles N, et al. 2010. Nat. Med. 16:701. (FC) PubMed
- Qui Q, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 184:1681. (FC) PubMed
- Busche A, et al. 2011. J. Immunol. 186:2918. PubMed
- Kim HR, et al. 2011. Nephrology 16:545. (IHC) PubMed
- Seyoum B, et al. 2011. Vaccine. 29:8002. PubMed
- Younos IH, et al. 2012. Int Immunopharmacol. 13:245. PubMed
- Honjo K, et al. 2012. PNAS. PubMed.
- Huang HN, et al. 2013. Biomaterials. 34:10151. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_1595599 (BioLegend Cat. No. 108915)
AB_2129358 (BioLegend Cat. No. 108916)
- Integrin α chain, 150 kD
NK cells, subset of T cells
- Collagen, laminin
- Cell Type
- NK cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Arase H, et al. 2001. J. Immunol. 167:1141.
2. Barclay AN, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
3. Sasaki K, et al. 2003. Int. Immunol. 15:701.
4. Inoue O, et al. 2003. J. Cell Biol. 160:769.
- Gene ID
- 16398 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD49b on UniProt.org
- How stable is PerCP/Cyanine5.5 tandem as compared to PerCP alone?
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 is quite photostable and also better than PerCP alone in withstanding fixation.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.