- 2B8 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- c-KIT, Stem Cell Factor Receptor (SCFR)
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|105803||50 µg||65,00 CHF|
|105804||500 µg||230,00 CHF|
CD117 is a 145 kD immunoglobulin superfamily member also known as c-Kit and stem cell factor receptor (SCFR). It is a transmembrane tyrosine-kinase receptor that binds the c-Kit ligand (also known as steel factor, stem cell factor, and mast cell growth factor). CD117 is expressed on hematopoietic stem cells (including multipotent hematopoietic stem cells, progenitors committed to myeloid and/or erythroid lineages, and T and B cell precursors), mast cells, and acute myeloid leukemia (AML) cells. CD117 interaction with its ligand is critical for the development of hematopoietic stem cells.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse bone marrow mast cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1 and immunohistochemistry of acetone fixed frozen sections2. The 2B8 antibody does not block c-Kit activity.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Product Citations
AB_313212 (BioLegend Cat. No. 105803)
AB_313213 (BioLegend Cat. No. 105804)
- Ig superfamily, 145 kD
Hematopoietic stem cells, AML, mast cells
- Growth factor receptor, tyrosine kinase
- Stem Cell Factor (SCF)
- Cell Type
- Embryonic Stem Cells, Hematopoietic stem and progenitors, Leukemia, Mast cells, Mesenchymal Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay A, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Galli SJ, et al. 1994. Adv. Immunol. 55:1.
3. Ikuta K, et al. 1992. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 10:759.
4. Besmer P, et al. 1986. Nature 320:415.
5. Witte ON. 1990. Cell 63:5.
- Gene ID
- 16590 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD117 on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.