- AK4 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- VI P-44
- Other Names
- GMP-140, PADGEM
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD62P is a 140 kD type I transmembrane glycoprotein also known as P-selectin, platelet activation-dependent granule membrane protein (PADGEM), and GMP-140. It is expressed on activated platelets, megakaryocytes, and endothelial cells. CD62P is primarily stored in secretory α-granules in platelets and Weibel-Palade bodies in endothelial cells, and is rapidly relocated to the plasma membrane upon activation. The ligands for CD62P are CD162 and CD24. A primary function of CD62P is cell adhesion during neutrophil rolling, and platelet-neutrophil and platelet-monocyte interactions.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Chimpanzee
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 2.0 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections4 and in vitro blocking of adhesion of platelets1. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 304947 & 304948).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Skinner M, et al. 1991. J. Biol. Chem. 266:5371. (Block)
- Kishimoto T, et al. Eds. 1997. Leucocyte Typing VI. Garland Publishing Inc. London.
- Yen YT, et al. 2006. J. Virol. 80:2684.
- Sato Y, et al. 2005. Blood 106:428. (IHC)
- Product Citations
AB_2860810 (BioLegend Cat. No. 304947)
AB_2860811 (BioLegend Cat. No. 304948)
- Selectin, type I glycoprotein, 140 kD
Activated platelets, megakaryocytes, endothelial cells
- Adhesion, neutrophil rolling, platelet-neutrophil and platelet-monocyte interactions
- CD162 (PSGL-1), CD24 and sialylated Lewis X
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Megakaryocytes, Neutrophils, Platelets
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. McEver R, et al. 1995. J. Biol. Chem. 270:11025.
2. Varki A. 1994. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 91:7390.
- Gene ID
- 6403 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD62P on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Biotin anti-human CD62P (P-Selectin)
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD62P (P-Selectin)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD62P (P-Selectin)
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-human CD62P (P-Selectin)
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human CD62P (P-Selectin)
APC anti-human CD62P (P-Selectin)
FITC anti-human CD62P (P-Selectin)
PE anti-human CD62P (P-Selectin)
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD62P (P-Selectin)
Purified anti-human CD62P (P-Selectin)
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD62P (P-Selectin)
TotalSeq™-C0218 anti-human CD62P (P-Selectin)
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD62P (P-Selectin)
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD62P (P-Selectin)
TotalSeq™-D0218 anti-human CD62P (P-Selectin)
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD62P (P-Selectin)
TotalSeq™-B0218 anti-human CD62P (P-Selectin) Antibody
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human CD62P (P-Selectin)
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD62P (P-Selectin)
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD62P (P-Selectin)
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD62P (P-Selectin)
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD62P (P-Selectin)
TotalSeq™-A0218 anti-human CD62P (P-Selectin)
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD62P (P-Selectin)