- 3B10 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Absent in melanoma 2 (AIM2), PYHIN4, interferon-inducible protein AIM2
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
AIM2 is one of the human IFN-inducible proteins, encoding a 39 kD protein. It contains a 200 amino acid repeat, which is a signature of the HIN-200 family (hematopoietic IFN-inducible nuclear proteins). Expression of AIM2 can inhibit cell growth and tumor formation, possibly through inducing apoptosis and suppressing nuclear factor-κ B transcriptional activity and desensitizing tumor necrosis factor-alpha-mediated nuclear factor-κ B activation. Furthermore, the gene for AIM2 shows a high frequency of mutations that are associated with microsatellite unstable colorectal cancers. AIM2 plays a critical role in the activation of caspase-1, the protease responsible for the processing of pro-inflammatory cytokines IL-1β and IL-18. AIM2 is also essential for mediating inflammatory reactions triggered by cytoplasmic DNA. AIM2 is an important sensor for different pathogens through the binding of cytoplasmic double-stranded DNA through HIN-200 domain and formation of inflammatsomes including ASC/AIM2. This complex then triggers caspase-1 activation. Recent studies also show that AIM2/ASC complex acts as a novel caspase-8 activation platform.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant fragment, corresponding to amino acids 1-186 of human AIM2 with a GST tag.
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, 0.09% NaN3.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC, IP - Reported by the developer, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5-2.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting1, immunofluorescence staining3 and immunoprecipitation2.
NOTE: For flow cytometric staining with this clone, True-Nuclear™ Transcription Factor Buffer Set (Cat. No. 424401) offers improved staining and is highly recommended.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Pierini R, et al. 2012. Cell Death Differ. 19:1709. (WB)
- Fernandez-Alnemri T, et al. 2009. Nature 7237:509. (IP)
- Sagulenko V, et al. 2013. Cell Death Differ. 9:1149. (IF)
- Product Citations
AB_2561539 (BioLegend Cat. No. 652801)
AB_2561540 (BioLegend Cat. No. 652802)
- 343 amino acids with predicted molecular weight of 39 kD.
- Tumor suppressor which may act by repressing NF-κ B transcriptional activity.
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Antigen References
1. DeYoung KL, et al. 1997. Oncogene 15:453.
2. Choubey D, et al. 2000. FEBS Lett. 474:38.
3. Chen IF, et al. 2006. Mol. Cancer Ther. 5:1.
4. Roberts TL, et al. 2009. Science 323:1057.
5. Jones JW, et al. 2010. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 107:9771.
6. Fernandes-Alnemri T, et al. 2010. Nat. Immunol. 11:385.
7. Schroder K and Tschopp J. 2010. Cell 140:821.
8. Jin T, et al. 2012. Immunity 36:561.
- Gene ID
- 9447 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about AIM2 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.