- 3B10 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Absent in melanoma 2 (AIM2), PYHIN4, interferon-inducible protein AIM2
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
AIM2 is one of the human IFN-inducible proteins, encoding a 39 kD protein. It contains a 200 amino acid repeat, which is a signature of the HIN-200 family (hematopoietic IFN-inducible nuclear proteins). Expression of AIM2 can inhibit cell growth and tumor formation, possibly through inducing apoptosis and suppressing nuclear factor-κ B transcriptional activity and desensitizing tumor necrosis factor-alpha-mediated nuclear factor-κ B activation. Furthermore, the gene for AIM2 shows a high frequency of mutations that are associated with microsatellite unstable colorectal cancers. AIM2 plays a critical role in the activation of caspase-1, the protease responsible for the processing of pro-inflammatory cytokines IL-1β and IL-18. AIM2 is also essential for mediating inflammatory reactions triggered by cytoplasmic DNA. AIM2 is an important sensor for different pathogens through the binding of cytoplasmic double-stranded DNA through HIN-200 domain and formation of inflammatsomes including ASC/AIM2. This complex then triggers caspase-1 activation. Recent studies also show that AIM2/ASC complex acts as a novel caspase-8 activation platform.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant fragment, corresponding to amino acids 1-186 of human AIM2 with a GST tag.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular flow cytometry using our True-Nuclear™ Transcription Factor Staining Protocol. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting1, immunofluorescence staining3 and immunoprecipitation2.
NOTE: For flow cytometric staining with this clone, True-Nuclear™ Transcription Factor Buffer Set (Cat. No. 424401) offers improved staining and is highly recommended.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Pierini R, et al. 2012. Cell Death Differ. 19:1709. (WB)
- Fernandez-Alnemri T, et al. 2009. Nature 7237:509. (IP)
- Sagulenko V, et al. 2013. Cell Death Differ. 9:1149. (IF)
- Product Citations
AB_2566000 (BioLegend Cat. No. 652803)
AB_2566001 (BioLegend Cat. No. 652804)
- 343 amino acids with predicted molecular weight of 39 kD.
- Tumor suppressor which may act by repressing NF-κ B transcriptional activity.
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Antigen References
1. DeYoung KL, et al. 1997. Oncogene 15:453.
2. Choubey D, et al. 2000. FEBS Lett. 474:38.
3. Chen IF, et al. 2006. Mol. Cancer Ther. 5:1.
4. Roberts TL, et al. 2009. Science 323:1057.
5. Jones JW, et al. 2010. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 107:9771.
6. Fernandes-Alnemri T, et al. 2010. Nat. Immunol. 11:385.
7. Schroder K and Tschopp J. 2010. Cell 140:821.
8. Jin T, et al. 2012. Immunity 36:561.
- Gene ID
- 9447 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about AIM2 on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.