- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- IL-6 Pre-coated ELISA Kit
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|437107||1 Pre-coated Plate||$350.00|
Interleukin 6 (IL-6) is a prototypic member of the IL-6 superfamily of cytokines. It is a pleiotropic cytokine that plays important roles in immune response, inflammation, hematopoiesis, bone metabolism, nerve cell functions, and cancer progression.
IL-6 is secreted by a variety of lymphoid and non-lymphoid cells including T cells, B cells, monocytes, fibroblasts, hepatocytes, endothelial cells, keratinocytes, etc. Mature rat IL-6 is a 187 aa residue protein. At the protein sequence level, there is approximately 39% identity between rat and human, and 87% identity between mouse and rat IL-6. The production of IL-6 can be induced by numerous signals such as mitogenic or antigenic stimulation, lipopolysaccharides, calcium ionophores, cytokines, and viruses.
IL-6 induces signaling through a cell surface heterodimeric receptor complex composed of a ligand binding subunit (IL-6 R) and a subunit (gp130) that acts as the universal signal-transducing element for all IL-6 family cytokines. Binding of IL-6 to IL-6 R recruits gp130 to form a trimeric complex that dimerizes to form a hexameric complex, which transduces IL-6 signal. Binding of IL-6 to soluble IL-6R can also induce trans-signaling, which elicit response from gp130-expressing cells that lack of cell surface IL-6R. Trans-signaling enables a wider range of cell types to respond to IL-6, as the expression of gp130 is ubiquitous.
IL-6 activity is essential for the transition from acute inflammation to either acquired immunity or chronic inflammatory disease. IL-6 is a key factor that reciprocally regulates Th17 and FOXP3(+) Treg differentiation by inhibition of TGF-β induced FOXP3 and induction of RORγ, a Th17 lineage-specific transcription factor.
Elevated serum IL-6 levels have been observed in a number of pathological conditions, including bacterial and viral infections, trauma, autoimmune diseases, inflammations, and malignancies.
BioLegend's LEGEND MAX™ Rat IL-6 ELISA Kit is a sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA), in which a rat IL-6-specific polyclonal antibody is pre-coated on a 96-well strip-well plate.
BioLegend's LEGEND MAX™ Rat IL-6 ELISA Kit is specifically designed for the accurate quantitation of rat IL-6 from cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma, or other bodily fluids. It is ready-to-use, accurate, and sensitive.
- Kit Contents
- Anti-Rat IL-6 Pre-coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Rat IL-6 Dectection Antibody
- Rat IL-6 Standard
- Matrix C (for serum and plasma samples only)
- Avidin-HRP A
- Assay Buffer A
- Wash Buffer (20X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Stop Solution
- Plate Sealers
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Buckley MM, et al. 2014. J Physiol. 592:5235. PubMed
- Product Citations
- 5.3 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 18.8-1,200 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microplate reader able to measure absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 1 µL to 1,000 µL
- Deionized water
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Shaker
- Polypropylene vials
- Cell Sources
- T cells, B cells, monocytes, fibroblasts, hepatocytes, endothelial cells, keratinocytes and muscle cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Gene ID
- 24498 View all products for this Gene ID
- Specificity (DOES NOT SHOW ON TDS):
- Specificity Alt (DOES NOT SHOW ON TDS):
- View information about IL-6 on UniProt.org
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for washing the plates before adding sample. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The additional washing step is designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not perform the washing, the effect on assay performance is negligible.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The wash buffer provided in all our LEGEND MAX™ kits is the same and the part numbers on the wash buffer bottles in these kits should identical. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard Sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
In some cases, dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.