- F45P9C7 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein K, DC-stretch binding protein, Transformation upregulated protein (TUNP), hnRNP K, hnRNP-K
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
hnRNP K (Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein K) is a pre-mRNA binding protein and a component of hnRNP complexes providing substrate for pre-mRNA processing before becoming translatable mRNAs in cytoplasm. This protein containing KH domains and is ubiquitously expressed in the cytoplasm and the nucleus with a predicted molecular weight approximately 51 kD. hnRNP K expression and function are increased by epidermal growth factor (EGF). hnRNP K acts as transcriptional regulator and functions in nucleocytoplasmic shuttling, and is modified by phosphorylation (PKC δ, c-Src) and acetylation. Clone F45P9C7 has been shown to be useful for western blotting and immunohistochemistry of human, mouse, rat, rabbit and chicken hnRNP K.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Ovalbumin-conjugated synthetic Peptide SVKQYSGKFF
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide at 0.5 mg/ml.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. Western blotting, suggested working dilution(s): Use 5 µg antibody per 5 ml antibody dilution buffer for each mini-gel. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Product Citations
AB_2120365 (BioLegend Cat. No. 634601)
AB_2120361 (BioLegend Cat. No. 634602)
- Heterogenous nuclear ribonucleoprotein family, KH domains; 51 kD
Ubiquitously expressed cytoplasmic and nuclear protein
- Pre-mRNA binding protein, component of hnRNP complexes providing substrate for pre-mRNA processing before becoming translatable mRNAs in cytoplasm. Acts as transcriptional regulator and functions in nucleocytoplasmic shuttling
- Interacts with Csk, NCK2, Vav1, ITK, CEBP β, c-Src, Fyn, Lyn, Hepatitis virus core protein
- Phosphorylation (PKC δ, c-Src), Acetylation, Methylation
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
1. Matunis MJ, et al. 1992. Mol. Cell. Biol. 12:164.
2. Dejgaard K, et al. 1994. J. Mol. Biol. 236:33.
3. Mandal M, et al. 2001. J. Biol. Chem. 276:9699
- Epidermal growth factor (EGF) can increase expression and function
- Gene ID
- 3190 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about hnRNPK on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.