- 4D11-B3-E8 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- COX4I1, Cytochrome C Oxidase Subunit 4I1, Cytochrome C Oxidase Subunit 4 Isoform 1, Mitochondrial, Cytochrome C Oxidase Subunit IV Isoform 1, Cytochrome C Oxidase Polypeptide IV, COX IV-1, COX4
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
COX IV is a subunit of cytochrome C oxidase (COX), a critical component of the mitochondrial respiratory pathway. COX is an enzyme comprised of multiple subunits which work to remove electrons from cytochrome C and transfer them to molecular oxygen, this action also promotes proton pumping from the mitochondrion matrix to the intermembrane space to maintain electrochemical stability. Pseudogenes related to this gene are located on chromosomes 13 and 14. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants encoding different isoforms.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Synthetic human COXIV peptide
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC, IP - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.25 - 1 µg/mL. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 2.0 - 5.0 μg/mL is recommended. For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.5 µg/test. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone was tested for ICC using 4% PFA-fixed HeLa cells permeabilized with either methanol or Triton X-100. While staining was observed with both methods, methanol permeabilization resulted in stronger staining.
AB_2876756 (BioLegend Cat. No. 937801)
AB_2876756 (BioLegend Cat. No. 937802)
- COX IV is a 169 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 19 kD.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Mitochondrial Function
- Molecular Family
- Enzymes and Regulators
- Antigen References
- Capaldi RA. 1990. Annu Rev Biochem. 59:569.
- Sharma V, et al. 2015. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 112:2040-5.
- Li Y, et al. 2006. J Bioenerg Biomembr. 38:283-91.
- Gene ID
- 1327 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about COX IV on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-COX IV||4D11-B3-E8||WB, ICC, IP|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.