- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- CTLA-4 Pre-coated ELISA Kit
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|437407||1 Pre-coated Plate||£270.00|
CTLA4 (Cytotoxic T-Lymphocyte Antigen 4), also known as CD152, is a protein that plays an important regulatory role in the immune system. CTLA4 is expressed on the surface of Helper T cells and transmits an inhibitory signal to T cells. Mutations in the CTLA4 gene have been associated with various autoimmune diseases, such as systemic lupus erythematosus, insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus, and other autoimmune diseases.
A recently identified novel transcript of the CTLA-4 gene that may represent a native soluble form of CTLA-4 (sCTLA-4) showed that eleven of twenty patients with autoimmune thyroid disease (ATD ) had a high concentration of sCTLA-4, whereas only 1 of 30 apparently healthy volunteers contained measurable levels. sCTLA-4 immunoreactivity was inhibited by its binding to B7.1, suggesting that sCTLA-4 is a functional receptor. sCTLA4 also plays a role in the initial immune response to infection of immune cells by HIV, along with the CD-1 pathway and others.
The BioLegend Human Soluble CTLA-4 LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kit is a Sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) with 96 well microtiter strip plates that are pre-coated with a capture antibody.
This ELISA kit is specifically designed for the accurate quantitation of sCTLA-4 from cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma or other biological fluids. They are analytically validated and provide ready to use reagents.
- Kit Contents
- Anti-Human sCTLA-4 Pre-coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Human sCTLA-4 Dectection Antibody
- Human sCTLA-4 Standard
- Matrix C (for serum and plasma samples only)
- Avidin-HRP A
- Assay Buffer A
- Wash Buffer (20X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Stop Solution
- Plate Sealers
- Product Citations
- 17 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 39-2,500 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microplate reader able to measure absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 1 µL to 1,000 µL
- Deionized water
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Shaker
- Polypropylene vials
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for washing the plates before adding sample. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The additional washing step is designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not perform the washing, the effect on assay performance is negligible.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The wash buffer provided in all our LEGEND MAX™ kits is the same and the part numbers on the wash buffer bottles in these kits should identical. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard Sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
In some cases, dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.