- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- IL-4 Pre-coated ELISA Kit
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|430307||1 Pre-coated Plate||£239.00|
Human IL-4 (Interleukin-4, Ia inducing factor (IaIF), B-cell stimulating factor-1,BSF-1, Hodgkin’s cell growth factor, HCGF, Mast cell growth factor-2, MCGF-2, Macrophage fusion factor, MFF, T cell growth factor-2, TCGF-2) is a pleiotropic cytokine that is produced by activated T cells, mast cells and basophils. IL-4 elicits many different biological responses, but has two dominant functions. IL-4 regulates differentiation of naïve CD4+ T cell to Th2 cells. Th2 cells produce IL-4, IL-5, IL-10 and IL-13, which tend to favor a humoral immune response while suppressing a cell-mediated immune response controlled by Th1 cells. In addition, IL-4 regulates IgE and IgG1 production by B cells.
BioLegend’s LEGEND MAX™ Human IL-4 ELISA Kit is a sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA), in which, a Human IL-4 specific monoclonal antibody is pre-coated on a 96-well strip-well plate.
BioLegend’s LEGEND MAX™ Human IL-4 ELISA Kit is specifically designed for the accurate quantitation of Human IL-4 from cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma or other bodily fluids. It is ready-to-use, accurate, and sensitive.
- Kit Contents
- Anti-Human IL-4 Pre-coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Human IL-4 Dectection Antibody
- Human IL-4 Standard
- Matrix C (for serum and plasma samples only)
- Avidin-HRP B
- Assay Buffer A
- Wash Buffer (20X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Stop Solution
- Plate Sealers
- Product Citations
- 0.6 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 3.2-200 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microplate reader able to measure absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 1 µL to 1,000 µL
- Deionized water
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Shaker
- Polypropylene vials
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for washing the plates before adding sample. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The additional washing step is designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not perform the washing, the effect on assay performance is negligible.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The wash buffer provided in all our LEGEND MAX™ kits is the same and the part numbers on the wash buffer bottles in these kits should identical. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard Sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
In some cases, dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.