- 9C10 (MFR4.B) (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- α4 integrin, VLA-4 α chain, integrin α4, ITGA4
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD49d is a 150 kD glycoprotein, also known as α4 integrin or VLA-4 α chain. It is a member of the integrin family, expressed on T and B cells, monocytes, eosinophils, basophils, mast cells, thymocytes, NK cells, and dendritic cells. CD49d is a heterodimer expressed with either of two β chains, β1 (CD29) or β7, to form the VLA-4 (integrin α4β1) or LPAM-1 (integrin α4β7) complexes. CD49d plays a critical role in both adhesion and T cell costimulation. The primary ligands for CD49d are VCAM-1, MAdCAM-1, and fibronectin. The 9C10(MFR4.B) antibody, in combination with the R1-2 monoclonal antibody, completely blocks VCAM-1 binding to VLA-4.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- (C57BL/6 x A/J)F1 mouse fetal liver mas
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
Block, IHC-F - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: in vitro blocking of cell-cell adhesion and T cell costimulation1,2, and immunohistochemistry3 of acetone-fixed frozen sections. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 103709 & 103710).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kinashi T, et al. 1994. Blood Cells 20:25. (Block)
- Halvorson MJ, et al. 1995. J. Immunol. 155:4567. (Block)
- Hata H, et al. 2004. J. Clin. Invest. 114:582. (IHC)
- Jia W, et al. 2005. Blood 106:3854. (FC)
- Product Citations
AB_313042 (BioLegend Cat. No. 103701)
- Integrin family, associates with integrin β1 or β7, 150 kD
T cells and B cells, monocytes, eosinophils, basophils, mast cells, thymocytes, NK cells, dendritic cells
- T cell costimulation, cell-cell and cell-matrix adhesion
- VCAM-1, MAdCAM-1, fibronectin
- Cell Type
- B cells, Basophils, Dendritic cells, Eosinophils, Mast cells, Monocytes, NK cells, T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay AN, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Lobb RR, et al. 1994. J. Clin. Invest. 94:1722.
3. Berlin C, et al. 1993. Cell 74:185.
4. Maguire JE, et al. 1995. J. Exp. Med. 182:2079.
- Gene ID
- 16401 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD49d on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.