- Poly29191 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- CTRCT30, HEL113, epididymis luminal protein 113
Covance Catalog# PCK-594P
- Chicken IgY
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Vimentin is a protein subunit of the 10nm or intermediate filaments protein found in many kinds of mesenchymal and epithelia cells, several types of cells in tissue culture and in developing neuronal and astrocytic precursor cells in the central nervous system. Vimentin frequently forms copolymers with other intermediate filament proteins, such as GFAP (in many kinds of astrocytes), with desmin (in muscle cells) and neurofilament proteins (in developing neurons). Antibodies to vimentin are useful in studies of stem cells and generally to reveal the filamentous cytoskeleton.Product Details
- Human, Rat, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody was raised in chickens against purified recombinant vimentin.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, containing 10 mM sodium azide.
- The antibody is an IgY preparation.
- ~20 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
IHC-P - Quality tested
WB, ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunohistochemistry. For immunohistochemistry, a dilution of 1:5000 is suggested. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1:2000 - 1:8000 dilution. For immunocytochemistry, a dilution range of 1:1000 - 1:5000 is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunofluorescence (IF) and immunohistochemistry (IHC). This antibody does not bind to protein A or protein G.
Predicted MW is ~54 kD
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Herrmann H, et. al. 1989. Development 105:279. (IF, ICC, IHC, WB)
- KivelS T, et. al. 1992. J. Histochem. Cytochem. 40:1517. (IHC)
- Stathopoulos, et. al. 1989. J. Histochem. Cytochem. 37:1363. (IHC)
- Product Citations
AB_2565208 (BioLegend Cat. No. 919101)
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.