- 5C12 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- TAN1, Translocation-Associated Notch Protein TAN-1, Neurogenic Locus Notch Homolog Protein 1, hN1
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Notch1 signaling is involved in tumorigenesis as well as in determining the fates of neural and non-neural cells during development and in adults. Alterations in the proteolysis of Notch1 by gamma-secretase could be involved in the pathogenesis of Alzheimer’s Disease.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- KLH conjugated peptide corresponding to aa 1721-1745 of human Notch1 (VQSETVEPPPPAQLHFMYVAAAAFV)
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
IHC-P - Quality tested
Direct ELISA - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 2 - 5 μg/ml is suggested. For Direct ELISA, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.05 - 0.1 µg/ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone 5C12 has been tested by direct ELISA on Notch ß (Nß) peptide (1-17aa) coated plates. It has not been evaluated in a sandwich ELISA format.
AB_2616643 (BioLegend Cat. No. 845402)
- 2555 amino acids with an approximate molecular mass of 272 kD.
Highly expressed in the brain, lung, and thymus (CD4-CD8- cells and CD4-CD8+ cells). Lower levels of expression in spleen, bone marrow, spinal cord, eyes, mammary gland, liver, intestine, kidney and heart is observed.
- Functions as a receptor for membrane-bound ligands Jagged1, Jagged2 and Delta1 to regulate cell-fate determination. Affects the implementation of differentiation, proliferation and apoptotic programs.
- Notch1 is processed in a manner similar to APP, generating Nß peptides (S4 cleavage) and the Notch intracellular domain (NICD, S3 cleavage) which translocates to the nucleus and acts as an essential regulator of transcription factors.
- Receptor for the membrane ligands Jagged1, Jagged2, and Delta1 to regulate cell fate decisions.
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Signal Transduction, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Postsynaptic proteins
- Antigen References
1. Okochi M, et al. 2006. J. Biol. Chem. 281(12):7890.
2. Wanngren J, et al. 2012. J. Biol. Chem. 287(39):32640.
3. Tanveer R, et al. 2012. J. Biol. Chem. 287(41):34709.
- Gene ID
- 4851 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Notch1beta on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-Notch1β||5C12||IHC-P, Direct ELISA|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.