- W16082A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- DNA-binding factor KBF2, H2TF1, Lymphocyte translocation chromosome 10 protein, Nuclear factor of kappa light polypeptide gene enhancer in B-cells 2, Oncogene Lyt-10
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Nuclear factor NF-kappa-B p100/p52 subunit (NF-κB2) is a member of the Rel/NF-κB family of transcription factors. NF-κB2 p100 subunit contains an ankyrin repeat domain that has IκB activity to retain NF-κB2 proteins in the cytoplasm. Upon activation, NF-κB2 p100 subunit is processed to p52 subunit through the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway and translocated to the nucleus. NF-κB2 p52 subunit forms homo- or heterodimers with other Rel-like domain-containing proteins, including c-REL, RELA/p65, RELB, NFKB1/p105, and NFKB1/p50, subsequently binds to specific kappa-B sites and regulates expression of their target genes. NF-κB participates in the regulation of peripheral lymphoid development, thymic development, and B cell maturation. Mutations in the NF-κB2 gene lead to defects in B cell development and have been associated with lymphoma and other hematogenous malignancies.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human NF-κB2 recombinant protein (1-250 a.a.) expressed in E. coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 1.0 µg/ml. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 0.2 - 1.0 μg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone W16082A does not cross-react with mouse (in-house tested).
AB_2650935 (BioLegend Cat. No. 695902)
- NF-κB2 p100 subunit contains 900 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 96.7 kD. Contains an N-terminal RHD domain for DNA binding and a C-terminal ankyrin repeat domain. NF-κB2 p100 subunit is processed to a p52 subunit upon activation.
Nucleus and cytoplasm.
- NF-κB2 is a transcription factor involved in the regulation of peripheral lymphoid development, thymic development, and B cell maturation.
- Forms homodimers or heterodimers with other Rel-like domain-containing proteins including c-REL, RELA/p65, RELB, NFKB1/p105, and NFκB1/p50. Interacts with BCL3, BTRC, TSC22D3, and MAP3K8.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
1. Lee CE, et al. 2014. Blood. 124:2964.
2. Savinova OV, et al. 2009. Mol Cell. 34:591.
3. Tucker E, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:7514.
4. Kim KE, et al. 2000. Oncogene. 19:1334.
5. Heusch M, et al. 1999. Oncogene. 18:6201.
6. de Wit H, et al. 1998. Leukemia. 12:363.
- Gene ID
- 4791 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about NF-kappaB p100/p52 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.