- W18219A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Methyltransferase Like 14, N6-Adenosine-Methyltransferase Non-Catalytic Subunit, HMETTL14, KIAA1627
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
METTL14 forms a heterodimer with METTL3 called the m6A-methyltransferase complex (MTC) to methylate adenosine residues at the N6 position of eukaryotic mRNAs. MTC-induced methylation takes place at the 5'-[AG]GAC-3' consensus sites of some mRNAs. In the MTC complex, METTL14 constitutes the RNA-binding scaffold that recognizes the substrate. Once methylated, the mRNAs are recognized by distinct proteins known as “readers” that will affect their stability, splicing, and/or translation.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial-length recombinant human METTL14 protein between 1-300 a.a.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IP - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.025 - 1.0 µg per ml. For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.5 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
While this clone is able to immunoprecipitate METTL14 from whole cell extracts, the resulting fraction was not significantly enriched in METTL14; therefore, this clone may not be suitable for detecting transient or low-abundance complexes.
- Product Citations
AB_2814512 (BioLegend Cat. No. 669601)
AB_2814513 (BioLegend Cat. No. 669602)
- METTL14 is a 456 amino acid protein with a molecular weight of 65 kD.
Localized to the mitochondria; ubiquitously expressed.
- Methylation; mRNA splicing; mRNA translation
- Biology Area
- Protein Synthesis
- Antigen References
- Liu J, et al. 2014. Nat. Chem. Biol. 10.1038/nchembio.1432.
- Nagase T, et al. 2000. DNA Res. 7:273-81.
- Yue Y, et al. 2018. Cell Discov. 4:10.
- Schöller E, et al. 2018. RNA. 10.1261/rna.064063.117.
- Wang X, et al. 2016. Nature. 10.1038/nature18298.
- Gene ID
- 57721 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about METTL14 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.