- 2H5 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1, Monocyte chemoattractant and activating factor (MCAF), JE, Small inducible cytokine A2 (SCYA2), HC-11, P6, Smooth muscle cell chemotactic factor (SMC-CF), CCL2
- Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Monocyte chemotactic protein-1 (MCP-1) also known as monocyte chemotactic and activating factor (MCAF) was identified based on its ability to chemoattract monocytes. Subsequently, MCP-1 has also been found to regulate adhesion molecule expression and cytokine production in monocytes. MCP-1 is identical to the product of the JE gene, a PDGF inducible gene. MCP-1 is a member of the beta (C-C) chemokine subfamily, known as CCL2. The 2H5 antibody reacts with mouse, rat, and human MCP-1. The 2H5 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant MCP-1.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Mouse, Rat, Human
- Reported Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- CHO-expressed, recombinant mouse MCP-1
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
ELISA Detection, ELISPOT Detection
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For use as an ELISA detection antibody, a concentration range of 1-4 µg/ml is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of MCP-1 recombinant protein ranging from 1000 to 8 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT Capture1: The Ultra-LEAF™ 2H5 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated 4E2/MCP antibody (Cat. No. 506002) as the detecting antibody for the detection of mouse MCP-1. The purified 2H5 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated 5D3-F7 antibody (Cat. No. 502609) as the detecting antibody for the detection of human MCP-1.
Flow Cytometry2: The fluorochrome-labeled 2H5 antibody is useful for intracellular immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify MCP-1 -producing cells within mixed cell populations. For intracellular cytokine staining protocol, please visit www.biolegend.com and click on the support section.
Neutralization1,4,6: The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. Nos. 505911 & 505912) is recommended for neutralization.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting3, immunohistochemistry of paraformaldehyde-fixed, saponin-treated frozen tissue sections5, and acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections7.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Luo, Y., et al. 1994. J. Immunol. 153:3708.
- Zhang, Y., et al. 2002. J. Immunol. 168:3088.
- Luo, Y., et al. 1999 J. Immunol. 163:3985.
- Morrison, B. E., et al. 2003 J. Clin. Invest. 112:1862.
- Hancock, W. W., et al. 1997 Transplantation 64:696.
- Yu, R., et al. 2006 Obesity 14:1353.
- Taal MW, et al. 2001. Am. J. Physiol. Renal. Physiol. 280:F343.
- Wan W, et al. 2015. Cardiovasc Res. 106:478. PubMed
AB_2070886 (BioLegend Cat. No. 505907)
AB_2070884 (BioLegend Cat. No. 505908)
- CC chemokine; dimer; 13.8 kD (Mammalian)
- Chemoattractant; regulates adhesion molecule expression, cytokine production in monocytes; proliferation/activation of CC-chemokine activated killer cells
- Cell Sources
- Monocytes, vascular endothelial cells, smooth muscle, glomerular mesangial cells
- Cell Targets
- Monocytes, basophils, T cells, NK cells, immature dendritic cells
- CCR2; CCR5; CCR10; D6; possibly L-CCR
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald, K., et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Bischoff, S., et al. 1992. J. Exp. Med. 175:1271.
3. Charo, I., et al. 1994. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 91:2752.
4. Jiang, Y., et al. 1992. J. Immunol. 148:2423.
- Upregulated by IL-1, TNF-α, PDGF, TGF-β
- Gene ID
- 20296 View all products for this Gene ID 24770 View all products for this Gene ID 6347 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CCL2 on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
|PE anti-mouse/rat/human MCP-1||2H5||ICFC|
|Purified anti-mouse/rat/human MCP-1||2H5||ELISA Capture, IHC, WB|
|Biotin anti-mouse/rat/human MCP-1||2H5||ELISA Detection, ELISPOT Detection|
|APC anti-mouse/rat/human MCP-1||2H5||ICFC|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse/rat/human MCP-1||2H5||ELISA Capture, ELISPOT Capture, IHC, Neut, WB|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.