- 145-2C11 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- CD3ε, T3, CD3
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
CD3ε is a 20 kD transmembrane protein, also known as CD3 or T3. It is a member of the Ig superfamily and primarily expressed on T cells, NK-T cells, and at different levels on thymocytes during T cell differentiation. CD3ε forms a TCR complex by associating with the CD3δ, γ and ζ chains, as well as the TCR α/β or γ/δ chains. CD3 plays a critical role in TCR signal transduction, T cell activation, and antigen recognition by binding the peptide/MHC antigen complex.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- H-2Kb-specific mouse cytotoxic T lymphocyte clone BM10-37
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
IHC-F, IP, Activ, Block, WB, ICC - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone 145-2C11 is useful for in vitro blocking of target-specific CTL-mediated cell lysis1, as well as T cell activation assays, inducing proliferation and cytokine production1,2,7,12,16. It also induces apoptosis in immature thymocytes32, and in vivo T cell depletion8-10. Additional reported applications (for relevant formats of this clone) include: immunoprecipitation1, immunohistochemical staining14,15 of acetone-fixed frozen sections and zinc-fixed paraffin-embedded sections, Western blotting4, complement-mediated cytotoxicity6, in vitro and in vivo stimulation of T cells1,2,7,12,16, immunofluorescent staining5, and in vivo T cell depletion8-10. The 145-2C11 antibody has been reported to block the binding of 17A2 antibody to CD3 epsilon-specific T cells11. Clone 145-2C11 is not recommended for formalin-fixed paraffin embedded sections. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 100314). For in vivo studies or highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 100340) with a lower endotoxin limit than standard LEAF™ purified antibodies (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg).
- Additional Product Notes
- Application References
- Leo O, et al. 1987. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 84:1374. (IP, Activ, Block)
- Kruisbeek AM, et al. 1991. In Current Protocols in Immunology. 3.12.1. (Activ)
- Duke RC, et al. 1995. Current Protocols in Immunology. 3.17.1.
- Salvadori S, et al. 1994. J. Immunol. 153:5176. (WB)
- Payer E, et al. 1991. J. Immunol. 146:2536. (IF)
- Jacobs H, et al. 1994. Eur. J. Immunol. 24:934. (CMCD)
- Vossen ACTM, et al. 1995. Eur. J. Immunol. 25:1492. (Activ)
- Henrickson M, et al. 1995. Transplantation 60:828. (Deplete)
- Kinnaert P, et al. 1996. Transpl. Int. 9:386. (Deplete)
- Han WR, et al. 1999. Transpl. Immunol. 7:207. (Deplete)
- Miescher GC, et al. 1989. Immunol. Lett. 23:113. (Block)
- Terrazas LI, et al. 2005. Intl. J. Parasitology. 35:1349. (Activ)
- Ko SY, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 175:3309.
- Podd BS, et al. 2006. J. Immunol. 176:6532. (IHC-F)
- Tilley SL, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:3208. (IHC-F)
- Wang W, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:4885. (Activ)
- Xiao S, et al. 2007. J. Exp. Med. 204:1691.
- Chappaz S, et al. 2007. Blood doi:10.1182/blood-2007-02-074245. (FC) PubMed.
- Curtsinger JM, et al.2005. J. Immunol. 175:4392. PubMed
- Guo Y, et al. 2008. Blood 112:480. PubMed
- Kenna TJ, et al. 2008. Blood 111:2091.
- Perchonock CE, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:1768. PubMed
- Perchonock GE, et al. 2006. Mol. Cell. Biol. 26:6005. PubMed
- Kanaya T, et al. 2008. Am. J. Physiol. Gastrointest. Liver Physiol. 295:G273. PubMed
- de Koning BA, et al. 2006. Int. Immunol. 18:941. PubMed
- Schulteis RD, et al. 2008. Blood 295:G273. PubMed
- Qi Q, et al. 2009. Blood 114:564. PubMed
- Helmersson S, et al. 2013. Am J Pathol. 9440:123. Pubmed
- Wu S, et al. 2014. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 21:156. PubMed
- Yan J, et al. 2014. Vaccine. 32:2833. PubMed
- Guiterrez DA, et al. 2014. Diaebetes. 63:3827. PubMed
- Shi YF, et al. 1991. J Immunol. 146:3340. (Apop)
- Product Citations
AB_11150783 (BioLegend Cat. No. 100339)
AB_11149115 (BioLegend Cat. No. 100340)
AB_2616673 (BioLegend Cat. No. 100359)
AB_2616674 (BioLegend Cat. No. 100360)
AB_2800555 (BioLegend Cat. No. 100371)
AB_2800556 (BioLegend Cat. No. 100372)
- Ig superfamily, forms CD3/TCR complex with CD3δ, γ and ζ subunits and TCR (α/β and γ/δ), 20 kD
Thymocytes (differentiation dependent), mature T cells, NK-T cells
- TCR signal transduction, T cell activation, antigen recognition
- Peptide antigen/MHC-complex
- Cell Type
- NKT cells, T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, TCRs
- Antigen References
1. Barclay A, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Davis MM. 1990. Annu. Rev. Biochem. 59:475.
3. Weiss A, et al. 1994. Cell 76:263.
- Gene ID
- 12501 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD3epsilon on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
APC anti-mouse CD3ε
Biotin anti-mouse CD3ε
FITC anti-mouse CD3ε
PE anti-mouse CD3ε
PE/Cyanine5 anti-mouse CD3ε
Purified anti-mouse CD3ε
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD3ε
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse CD3ε
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse CD3ε
PerCP anti-mouse CD3ε
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse CD3ε
Purified anti-mouse CD3ε (Maxpar® Ready)
APC/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD3ε
Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse CD3ε
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse CD3ε
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse CD3ε
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-mouse CD3ε
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-mouse CD3ε
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse CD3ε
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-mouse CD3ε
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-mouse CD3ε
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-mouse CD3ε
GoInVivo™ Purified anti-mouse CD3ε