- L1617F1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- CSF1, CSF-1, MCSF
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
M-CSF is a cytokine that controls the production, differentiation, and function of macrophages. The active form of the protein is found extracellularly as a disulfide-linked homodimer. M-CSF is released by fibroblasts, breast cancer cell lines, alveolar macrophages, stromal bone marrow cells, endothelial cells, and mesenchymal cells. It binds CD14+ monocytes and promotes the survival/proliferation of human peripheral blood monocytes. In addition, M-CSF enhances inducible monocyte functions including phagocytic activity, microbial killing, cytotoxicity for tumor cells as well as synthesis of inflammatory cytokines such as IL-1, TNF-α, and IFN-γ in monocytes. M-CSF induces RANKL production in mature human osteoclasts and, consequently, this makes M-CSF a potent stimulator of mature osteoclast resorbing activity. Also, M-CSF induces VEGF production in human monocytes and human tumor cells. High levels of M-CSF, mononuclear phagocytes, and VEGF are associated with poor prognosis in patients with cancer.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human M-CSF
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 2.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2563444 (BioLegend Cat. No. 526002)
- Three isoforms with 256-554 amino acids, predicted molecular weight of approximately 30-70 kD.
Cell membrane; single-pass membrane protein. Processed macrophage colony-stimulating factor 1: secreted, extracellular space.
- Controls the production, differentiation, and function of macrophages.
- Homodimer or heterodimer, disulfide-linked. Interacts with CSF1R.
- M-CSFR or CSF1R (CD115).
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Proliferation and Viability, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Cytokines/Chemokines, Growth Factors
- Antigen References
1. Kawasaki ES, et al. 1985. Science 230:291.
2. Wei S, et al. 2010. J. Leuko. Biol. 88:495.
3. Hodge JM, et al. 2011. PloS One 6:e21462.
4. Morandi A, et al. 2011. PloS One 6:e27450.
5. Erblich B, et al. 2011. PloS One 6:e26317.
6. MacDonald KP, et al. 2010. Blood 116:3955.
- Gene ID
- 1435 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about M-CSF on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-human M-CSF||L1617F1||WB|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.