Adipose tissue (AT) plays an active role in regulating metabolism and energy homeostasis. AT expresses and secretes numerous soluble factors, including adipokines, cytokines, chemokines and hormones. Altered levels of these proteins have been associated with a variety of metabolic diseases and inflammatory-autoimmune conditions. The accurate measurement of these adipose tissue hormones and cytokines is critical for a better understanding of disease progression and immune responses.
The LEGENDplex™ Human Adipokine Panel is a bead-based multiplex assay, using fluorescence-encoded beads suitable for use on various flow cytometers. This panel allows simultaneous quantification of 13 human adipokines and cytokines: Adiponectin, Adipsin, RBP4, MCP-1, IL-1β, IP-10, IL-10, IL-8, Leptin, IL-6, IFN-γ, Resistin, and TNF-α. This panel provides higher sensitivity and broader dynamic range than traditional ELISA methods. The panel has been validated for use on urine and cell cultrue supernatant samples. The panel is not suitable for serum or plasma samples due to different sample dilution requirements for different analytes.
A LEGENDplex™ Mix and Match system is available to customize assays for specificities within this adipokine panel.
- Kit Contents
- Setup Beads 1: FITC Beads (1 ml)
- Setup Beads 2: PE Beads (1 ml)
- Setup Beads 3: Raw Beads (2 ml)
- Capture Beads
- Detection Antibody (3.5 ml)
- Standard Cocktail, Lyophilized (1 vial)
- SA-PE (3.5 ml)
- Assay Buffer (25 ml)
- Wash Buffer (25 ml)
- Filter Plate (1 Plate)
- Plate Sealers (4 sheets)
Learn more about LEGENDplex™ at biolegend.com/legendplex
Download the LEGENDplex™ software here.
- Product Citations
- Materials Not Included
- For a full list, please read the manual
- Flow Cytometer
- Pipettes and Tips
- Reagent Reservoirs for Multichannel Pipettes
- Polypropylene Microfuge Tubes
- Vortex Mixer
- Plate Shaker
- A Vacuum Filtration Unit and a Vacuum Source (if using filter plates)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Complement, Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Cytokines/Chemokines, Enzymes and Regulators
- Gene ID
- 9370 View all products for this Gene ID 1675 View all products for this Gene ID 5950 View all products for this Gene ID 6347 View all products for this Gene ID 3553 View all products for this Gene ID 3627 View all products for this Gene ID 3586 View all products for this Gene ID 3576 View all products for this Gene ID 3952 View all products for this Gene ID 3569 View all products for this Gene ID 3458 View all products for this Gene ID 56729 View all products for this Gene ID 7124 View all products for this Gene ID
- If I don't have a vacuum, how do I remove the liquid from my plate?
If you do not have a vacuum, the assay should be run in a V-bottom plate. After centrifugation using a swinging-bucket rotor with a plate adaptor, you can remove the liquid by flicking the plate quickly, dumping the contents into a sink, and patting it dry carefully on a stack of clean paper towels without losing the beads. Alternatively, you can remove the liquid by using a pipette.
- Should I perform the assay with the filter plates or with V-bottom plates?
Filter plates or V-bottom plates have been included in some kits for your convenience. A vacuum filtration unit is required to work with the filter plates. However, if you don’t have access to a vacuum manifold or if you prefer, then you can use the V-bottom plates and follow the recommended assay protocols for the type of plates you choose. All plates should be made from low binding polypropylene. Polystyrene ELISA or cell culture plates should not be used.
- After I finish the staining process, how long can I wait before reading my LEGENDplex™ samples?
The samples can be kept overnight at 4°C while being protected from exposure to light and be read the next day. There may be a decrease in signal, but overall, the assay results should not be affected. Storing the samples for extended periods of time is not recommended, as it could lead to further reductions in signal.
- What is the shelf life of LEGENDplex™ kits?
LEGENDplex™ kits are guaranteed for 6 months from the date of receipt, but may have a shelf life of up to 2 years from the date of manufacture.
- Is special software required for data analysis?
Typically flow cytometers generate output files in FCS format (e.g. FCS 2.0, 3.0, or 3.1) and in some cases in list mode file format (LMD). Other software may be available to analyze FCS files. Data generated using LEGENDplex™ kits can be analyzed using the freely available LEGENDplex™ data analysis software. Please check our website for the most updated versions of the software.