- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- MPO, Myeloperoxidase
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|440007||1 Pre-coated Plate||348€|
Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is a peroxidase enzyme which is expressed in neutrophils and macrophages. MPO is a 150 kD dimeric protein which consists of two 15 kD light chains and two variable weight glycosylated heavy chains bound to a prosthetic heme group. Three isoforms have been identified, differing in the size of the heavy chain. Mature human MPO shares 88% amino acid sequence identity with dog, mouse, and rat. Human MPO also shares 71%, 56%, and 47% amino acid sequence identity with comparable regions of human eosinophil peroxidase, lactoperoxidase, and thyroid peroxidase, respectively.
MPO is released extracellularly, and it has been detected in a wide range of acute and chronic inflammatory conditions. Serum levels of myeloperoxidase (MPO) are associated with coronary artery disease and indicate a risk factor for pancreatic cancer.
The LEGEND MAX™ Human Myeloperoxidase ELISA kit is a Sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) is a 96-well strip plate, pre-coated with a monoclonal capture antibody. This kit is specifically designed for the accurate quantitation of human MPO from cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma, saliva, urine and other biological fluids. This kit is analytically validated with ready-to-use reagents.
- Kit Contents
- Anti-Human MPO Pre-coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Human MPO Dectection Antibody
- Human MPO Standard
- Avidin-HRP D
- Assay Buffer B
- Wash Buffer (20X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Stop Solution
- Plate Sealers
- Verified Reactivity
- Product Citations
- 28 ± 8 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 0.16-10 ng/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microplate reader able to measure absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 1 µL to 1,000 µL
- Deionized water
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Shaker
- Polypropylene vials
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for washing the plates before adding sample. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The additional washing step is designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not perform the washing, the effect on assay performance is negligible.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The wash buffer provided in all our LEGEND MAX™ kits is the same and the part numbers on the wash buffer bottles in these kits should be identical. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard Sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
In some cases, dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.