- IK22/5 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Tumor necrosis factor-related activation-induced cytokine, Receptor activator of NF-κB ligand (RANK L), Osteoprotegerin ligand (OPGL), Osteoclast differentiation factor (ODF), SOFA, TNFSF-11, CD254, RANKL
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD254 is a 19 kD TNF superfamily member also known as TRANCE (TNF-related activation induced cytokine), RANK ligand, RANKL, TNFSF11, OPGL, and ODF. TRANCE is expressed on activated T cells and osteoclasts and has been implicated in the regulation of T cell and dendritic cell interactions as well as osteoclast differentiation.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- NSO-derived recombinant mouse TRANCE
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric analysis, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
The IK22/5 antibody has been reported to block the binding of RANK ligand-Fc to RANK. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation2, Western blotting2, and blocking of ligand binding1,2,4. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 510009-510014).
- Application References
- Miyahira Y, et al. 2003. J. Immunol. 171:6344. (Block)
- Personal communication (Block IP WB)
- Gao Y, et al. 2007. J. Clin. Invest. 117:122.
- Kamijo S, et al. 2006. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 347:124. (Block)
- Fionda C, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:4039.
- Haslam SZ, et al. 2008. Endocrinology. 149:2098. (Block) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_315553 (BioLegend Cat. No. 510005)
AB_2303587 (BioLegend Cat. No. 510006)
- TNF superfamily; 19 kD (Mammalian)
Activated T cells, osteoclasts
- Regulates T and dendritic cell interactions, and osteoclast differentiation
- RANK, OPG
- Activates JNK and NF-κB; involved in bone resorption; induces the expression of IL-1, IL-6, IL-12, IL-15 in dendritic cells
- Cell Sources
- Activated T cells, myeloid bone marrow precursors, stromal fibroblasts, synovial cells, osteoblasts
- Cell Targets
- Dendritic cells, osteoclasts
- ODFR, ODAR, TRANCE-R
- Cell Type
- Osteoclasts, T cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Cytokines/Chemokines
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Josien R, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 162:2562.
3. Takayanagi H, et al. 2000. Nature 408:600.
4. Wong B, et al. 1999. Mol. Cell. 4:1041.
- Type II integral membrane protein processed by TACE for secretion; upregulated upon TCR engagement
- Gene ID
- 21943 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD254 on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.