- BL168 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin IL-17A, IL-17, Cytotoxic T lymphocyte-associated antigen 8 (CTLA-8)
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-17A is the founding member of the IL-17 family, a group of six structurally related pro-inflammatory cytokines. IL-17A, secreted by activated CD4+ Th17 cell subpopulation, elicits multiple biological activities on a variety of cells including: the induction of IL-6, IL-8, G-CSF, and PGE2 production in epithelial, endothelial or fibroblasts; the enhancement of surface expression of ICAM-1 in fibroblasts; activation of NF-κB and costimulation of T cell proliferation. Recent studies demonstrated that, in mice, activated IL-17-secreting CD4+ helper T cells (Th17 cells) mediate an autoimmune arthritis that clinically and immunologically resembles rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Human IL-17A shows 63%, 63%, and 72% amino acid sequence identity to rat IL-17A, mouse IL-17A, and a protein encoded by the ORF13 gene of herpesvirus Saimiri (HVS), respectively.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant full length human IL-17A
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Additional Product Notes
View more applications data for this product in our Scientific Poster Library.
- Application References
- Ohue Y, et al. 2014. Clin Cancer Res. 20:5052. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_10899566 (BioLegend Cat. No. 512321)
AB_11218604 (BioLegend Cat. No. 512322)
- Cytokine; dimer; ~15 kD (Mammalian)
- Secretion of IL-6, IL-8, G-CSF, prostaglandin E2 by epithelial, endothelial or fibroblastic cells; stimulates cell migration, cord formation, and IL-6 secretion by stromal cells
- Cell Sources
- Activated T cell subpopulation
- Cell Targets
- Fibroblasts, epithelial and endothelial cells, stromal cells
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Hirota K, et al. 2007. J. Exp. Med. 204:41.
2. Furuzawa-Carballeda J, et al. 2007. Autoimmun. Rev. 6:169.
3. Witowski J, et al. 2007. Kidney Int. 71:514.
4. Gaffen SL, et al. 2006. Vitam. Horm. 74:255.
5. Hymowitz S, et al. 2001. EMBO J. 20:5332.
- Gene ID
- 3605 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-17A on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human IL-17A||BL168||ICFC|
|Purified anti-human IL-17A||BL168||ICFC|
|FITC anti-human IL-17A||BL168||ICFC|
|PE anti-human IL-17A||BL168||ICFC|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human IL-17A||BL168||ICFC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human IL-17A||BL168||ICFC|
|Pacific Blue™ anti-human IL-17A||BL168||ICFC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human IL-17A||BL168||ICFC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-human IL-17A||BL168||ICFC|
|Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human IL-17A||BL168||ICFC|
|APC/Cyanine7 anti-human IL-17A||BL168||ICFC|
|Brilliant Violet 570™ anti-human IL-17A||BL168||ICFC|
|Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human IL-17A||BL168||ICFC|
|Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human IL-17A||BL168||ICFC|
|Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human IL-17A||BL168||ICFC|
|APC anti-human IL-17A||BL168||ICFC|
|Purified anti-human IL-17A (Maxpar® Ready)||BL168||ICFC, CyTOF®|
|PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human IL-17A||BL168||ICFC|
|Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human IL-17A||BL168||ICFC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human IL-17A
Purified anti-human IL-17A
FITC anti-human IL-17A
PE anti-human IL-17A
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human IL-17A
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human IL-17A
Pacific Blue™ anti-human IL-17A
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human IL-17A
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human IL-17A
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human IL-17A
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human IL-17A
Brilliant Violet 570™ anti-human IL-17A
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human IL-17A
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human IL-17A
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human IL-17A
APC anti-human IL-17A
Purified anti-human IL-17A (Maxpar® Ready)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human IL-17A
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human IL-17A