- DH2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- GNLY, 519, LAG2, NKG5, LAG-2, D2S69E, TLA519
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
Granulysin is a member of the saposin-like protein family of lipid binding proteins (SAPLIP). It is expressed by NK cells and cytolytic T lymphocytes (CTL) as 9 kD and 15 kD forms. The 9 kD form is derived from the 15 kD form by cleavage at both amino- and carboxy-termini. Granulysin has broad cytolytic activities against a variety of tumor cells and microbes, including Gram-positive and -negative bacteria, fungi and parasites. It also functions as a chemoattractant for inflammatory cells and activates the cells expression of cytokines and chemokines.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant 9 kD granulysin
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
IHC-F - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. A concentration of 4 µg/ml of the capture antibody was utilized to gernerate the example standard curve. It is recommended that the end-user titrate each lot of reagents for optimal performance.
- Application Notes
Clone DH2 recognizes both the 9 kD and 15 kD isoforms of Granulysin.1
ELISA Capture: To measure human granulysin, this antibody can be used as a capture antibody in sandwich ELISA format and paired with the biotinylated DH10 antibody (Cat. No. 526103) as the detection antibody. Recombinant Human Granulysin (ELISA Std.) (Cat. No. 552109) can be used as the protein standard.
Flow Cytometry: The fluorochrome-labeled DH2 antibody is useful for intracellular and membrane-bound immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify granulysin-producing cells within mixed cell populations.
Note: For testing human granulysin in serum, plasma or cell culture supernatant, LEGEND MAX™ Human Granulysin ELISA Kit with Pre-coated Plates (Cat. No. 438007 & 438008) are specially developed and recommended.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Hanson DA, et al. 1999. Mol. Immunol. 36:413.
- Spada FM, et al. 2000. J. Exp. Med. 191:937.
- Product Citations
AB_2563601 (BioLegend Cat. No. 348007)
AB_2563602 (BioLegend Cat. No. 348008)
- Saposin-like protein family of lipid binding protein, 9 kD and 15 kD
NK cells, cytolytic T cells
- Cytolytic against bacteria, fungi, parasite and tumor cells; chemoattract inflammatory cells
- Cell Type
- NK cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Krensky AM. 2000. Biochem. Pharmacol. 59:317.
2. Deng A, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 174:5243.
3. Kaspar AA, et al. 2001. J. Immunol. 167:350.
4. Krensky AM and Clayberger C. 2009. Tissue Antigens 73:193.
- Gene ID
- 10578 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Granulysin on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.