- EH12.2H7 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
Programmed cell death 1 (PD-1), also known as CD279, is a 55 kD member of the immunoglobulin superfamily. CD279 contains the immunoreceptor tyrosine-based inhibitory motif (ITIM) in the cytoplasmic region and plays a key role in peripheral tolerance and autoimmune disease. CD279 is expressed predominantly on activated T cells, B cells, and myeloid cells. PD-L1 (B7-H1) and PD-L2 (B7-DC) are ligands of CD279 (PD-1) and are members of the B7 gene family. Evidence suggests overlapping functions for these two PD-1 ligands and their constitutive expression on some normal tissues and upregulation on activated antigen-presenting cells. Interaction of CD279 ligands results in inhibition of T cell proliferation and cytokine secretion.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Reported Reactivity
- African Green, Baboon, Chimpanzee, Common Marmoset, Cynomolgus, Rhesus, Squirrel Monkey
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: blocking of ligand binding1-3, immunohistochemical staining of paraformaldehyde fixed frozen sections13, and spatial biology (IBEX)15,16. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 329911 and 329912). For highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 329926) with a lower endotoxin limit than standard LEAF™ purified antibodies (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Dorfman DM, et al. 2006 Am. J. Surg. Pathol. 30:802. (FA)
- Radziewicz H, et al. 2007. J. Virol. 81:2545. (FA)
- Velu V, et al. 2007. J. Virol. 81:5819. (FA)
- Zahn RC, et al. 2008. J. Virol. 82:11577. PubMed
- Chang WS, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 181:6707. (FC) PubMed
- Nakamoto N, et al. 2009. PLoS Pathog. 5:e1000313. (FA)
- Jones RB, et al. 2009. J. Virol. 83:8722. (FC) PubMed
- Vojnov L, et al. 2010. J. Virol. 84:753. (FC) PubMed
- Radziewicz H, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 184:2410. (FC) PubMed
- Monteriro P, et al. 2011. J. Immunol. 186:4618. PubMed
- Conrad J, et al. 2011. J. Immunol. 186:6871. PubMed
- Salisch NC, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 184:476. (Rhesus reactivity)
- Li H and Pauza CD. 2015. Eur. J. Immunol. 45:298. (IHC)
- Peterson VM, et al. 2017. Nat. Biotechnol. 35:936. (PG)
- Radtke AJ, et al. 2020. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 117:33455-33465. (SB) PubMed
- Radtke AJ, et al. 2022. Nat Protoc. 17:378-401. (SB) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_10900818 (BioLegend Cat. No. 329919)
AB_10960742 (BioLegend Cat. No. 329920)
- Immunoglobulin superfamily
Transiently expressed on CD4- CD8- thymocytes; upregulated in thymocytes and splenic T and B lymphocytes; expressed on activated myeloid cells
- B7-H1 (also known as PD-L1) and B7-DC (PD-L2)
- Cell Type
- B cells, Lymphocytes, T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cancer Biomarkers, Immunology, Inhibitory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Immune Checkpoint Receptors
- Gene ID
- 5133 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD279 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD279 (PD-1)
Purified anti-human CD279 (PD-1)
FITC anti-human CD279 (PD-1)
PE anti-human CD279 (PD-1)
APC anti-human CD279 (PD-1)
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD279 (PD-1)
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD279 (PD-1)
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD279 (PD-1)
Pacific Blue™ anti-human CD279 (PD-1)
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD279 (PD-1)
Purified anti-human CD279 (PD-1) (Maxpar® Ready)
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD279 (PD-1)
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD279 (PD-1)
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD279 (PD-1)
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD279 (PD-1)
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human CD279 (PD-1)
Biotin anti-human CD279 (PD-1)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD279 (PD-1)
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human CD279 (PD-1)
PerCP anti-human CD279 (PD-1)
GoInVivo™ Purified anti-human CD279 (PD-1)
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-human CD279 (PD-1)
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD279 (PD-1)
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD279 (PD-1)
TotalSeq™-A0088 anti-human CD279 (PD-1)
TotalSeq™-B0088 anti-human CD279 (PD-1)
TotalSeq™-C0088 anti-human CD279 (PD-1)
Brilliant Violet 750™ anti-human CD279 (PD-1)
TotalSeq™-D0088 anti-human CD279 (PD-1)
PE/Fire™ 640 anti-human CD279 (PD-1)
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD279 (PD-1)