- HP-3G10 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
CD161 is a type II transmembrane glycoprotein, also known as NKR-P1A, that is expressed as a 40-44 kD homodimer. It is a member of the C-type lectin superfamily. CD161 is expressed on a majority of NK cells, NKT cells, and subsets of peripheral T cells and CD3+ thymocytes. It has been reported that Th17 cells are a subpopulation of CD4+CD161+CCR6+ cells. While the biological function of CD161 is not clear, it has been suggested to serve either as a stimulatory receptor or to inhibit NK cell-mediated cytotoxicity and cytokine production. LLT-1 (lectin-like transcript-1, also named as osteoclast inhibitory lectin or CLEC2D) is the ligand of CD161.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human NK cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
WB - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: inhibition of cytokine production and Western blotting under nonreducing conditions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Gumß M, et al. 2004. Blood 104:3664.
- Exley M, et al. 1998. J. Exp. Med. 188:867.
- Marquez C, et al. 1998. Blood 91:2760.
- Product Citations
AB_2563969 (BioLegend Cat. No. 339932)
- Type II glycoprotein, 40-44 kD homodimer, C-type lectin superfamily
NK cells, T subset, subset of CD3+ thymocytes
- LLT-1 (Lectin-like transcript-1)
- Cell Type
- NK cells, T cells, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Takahashi T, et al. 2006. J. Immunol. 176:211.
2. Cosmi L, et al. 2008. J. Exp. Med. 205:1903.
3. Aldemir H, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 175:7791.
4. Rosen DB, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 180:6508.
- Gene ID
- 3820 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD161 on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human CD161
FITC anti-human CD161
Purified anti-human CD161
PE anti-human CD161
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD161
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD161
APC anti-human CD161
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD161
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD161
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD161
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD161
Purified anti-human CD161 (Maxpar® Ready)
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human CD161
Pacific Blue™ anti-human CD161
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD161
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD161
Biotin anti-human CD161
PerCP anti-human CD161
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD161
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD161
TotalSeq™-A0149 anti-human CD161
TotalSeq™-C0149 anti-human CD161
TotalSeq™-B0149 anti-human CD161
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD161 Antibody
TotalSeq™-D0149 anti-human CD161