- CB9 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Granzyme 1, Hanukah factor serine protease (HFSP), Cytotoxic T-lymphocyte-associated serine esterase 3 (CTLA-3)
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
Granzyme A is a 28 kD disulfide-linked homodimeric protein and the most abundant of the proteases occurring in CTL granules. It is homologous to other serine esterases, including other granyzmes, mast cell proteases, and neutrophil cathepsins. Granzyme B is thought to be a rapidly-acting apoptotic enzyme, while Granzyme A is slow acting. The CB9 monoclonal antibody recognizes human Granzyme A and has been shown to be useful for flow cytometry, immunoprecipitation, and immunohistochemistry (paraffin-embedded sections).Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Purified human Granzyme A
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 594 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICC - Quality tested
ICFC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunocytochemistry. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 5.0 μg/ml is recommended. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 594 has an excitation maximum of 590 nm, and a maximum emission of 617 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining3 of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, and immunoprecipitation2.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Trimble L, et al. 1998. Blood 91:585.
- Beresford P, et al. 1997. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 94:9285.
- Raqib R, et al. 2002. Infect. Immun. 70:3199.
- Chen H, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 175:591.
- Product Citations
AB_2563964 (BioLegend Cat. No. 507218)
- Serine protease; disulfide-linked homodimer; 28 kD (Mammalian)
- Induction of caspase-independent cell death by apoptosis; release of NM23-H1 for single-strand DNA nicking
- Cell Sources
- Cytotoxic T cells, NK cells
- Cell Targets
- Intracellular targets lamins A, B cells, C, nucleosome assembly protein (NAP) SET cells, HMG2, Ape1/Ref-1, histones; cleaves SET:NM23-H1 complex to release NM23-H1
- Assisted by perforin
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Enzymes and Regulators, Proteases
- Antigen References
1. Brune J, et al. 1986. Nature 322:268.
2. Fan Z, et al. 2003. Nature Immunol. 4:145.
3. Fan Z, et al. 2003. Cell 112:659.
4. Masson D, et al. 1987. Cell 49:679.
- Gene ID
- 3001 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Granzyme A on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.