- 14.1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Mouse IgG2a
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Interleukin-16 is a proinflammatory cytokine synthesized as a 68 kD precursor molecule (pro-IL-16). After cleavage of pro-IL-16 by caspase-3, IL-16 is released as a 12 kD protein, but its biologic activities are exerted by a tetramer. IL-16 is a chemoattractant for CD4+ T cells, monocytes, and eosinophils. On T cells, IL-16 upregulates CD25 and class II expression, and also inhibits HIV-1 replication in vitro by repressing the transcription of the HIV-1 long terminal repeat. IL-16 is expressed by lymphocytes, macrophages, eosinophils, mast cells, epithelial cells, and fibroblasts. CD4 and CD9 are the receptors of IL-16.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Peptide corresponding to amino acids 615 to 630 (RRKSLQSKETTAAGDS) of IL-16
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: ELISA2, inhibition of T cell chemotaxis2 and immunohistochemical staining of frozen lymph node sections3.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Cruikshank WW, et al. 1994. P. Natl Acad Sci USA 91:5109. (ICFC)
- Keane J, et al. 1998. J. Immunol. 160:5945. (Block, ELISA)
- Chupp GL, et al. 1998. J. Immunol. 161:3114. (Block, IHC)
- Stoitzner P, et al. 2001. J. Invest. Dermatol. 116:641. (ICFC)
- Ren F, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 174:2738. (ICFC)
AB_2563454 (BioLegend Cat. No. 519108)
- 12 kD protein with a PDZ domain, product of the cleavage of pro-IL-16 by caspase-3, forms tetramers.
Lymphocytes, macrophages, eosinophils, mast cells, epithelial cells, and fibroblasts.
- Chemoattractant for CD4+ T cells, monocytes, and eosinophils. Upregulates CD25 and class II expression on T cells. Inhibits HIV-1 replication.
- Cell Type
- Eosinophils, Epithelial cells, Fibroblasts, Lymphocytes, Macrophages, Mast cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Bellon M, et al. 2010. Blood 115:2441.
2. Rofani C, et al. 2009. Stem Cells Dev. 18:671.
3. Cruikshank W and Little F. 2008. Crit. Rev. Immunol. 28:467.
4. Gu Y, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 181:4418.
5. McFadden C, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:6439.
6. Qi JC, et al. 2006. Blood 107:135.
- Gene ID
- 3603 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-16 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.