- WM53 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- IV M-505
- Other Names
- Siglec-3, gp67, p67
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD33 is a 67 kD type I transmembrane glycoprotein also known as Siglec-3, gp67, and p67. It is a sialoadhesion immunoglobulin superfamily member expressed on myeloid progenitors, monocytes, granulocytes, dendritic cells and mast cells. CD33 is absent on normal platelets, lymphocytes, erythrocytes and hematopoietic stem cells. CD33 functions as a sialic acid-dependent cell adhesion molecule with carbohydrate/lectin binding activity.Product Details
- Human, Chimpanzee
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human myeloid leukaemia cells.
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
CyTOF® - Verified
ICC, IP, WB - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 2.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation, Westrn blotting3, induction of cytokine production3, and immunofluorescence4. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. Nos. 303437 & 303438).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Knapp W, et al. 1989. Leucocyte Typing IV. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Favaloro E, et al. 1988. Br. J. Haematol. 69:163.
- Garnache-Ottou F, et al. 2005. Blood 105:1256. (WB)
- Pèrez-Oliva AB, et al. 2011. Glycobiology. 21:757. (epitope, FC, IF)
AB_2814130 (BioLegend Cat. No. 303437)
AB_2814131 (BioLegend Cat. No. 303438)
- Ig superfamily, sialoadhesins, type I glycoprotein, 67 kD
Myeloid progenitor, monocytes, granulocytes, dendritic cells, mast cells
- Adhesion and lectin activity
- Sugar chains containing sialic acid
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Granulocytes, Hematopoietic stem and progenitors, Mast cells, Monocytes, Neutrophils
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Siglec Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Favaloro E, et al. 1988. Br. J. Haematol. 69:163.
2. Freeman S, et al. 1995. Blood 85:2005.
- Gene ID
- 945 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD33 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.