- WM59 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- V P025
- Other Names
- PECAM-1, EndoCAM
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD31 is a 130-140 kD type I transmembrane glycoprotein also known as platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 (PECAM-1) or Endocam. It is expressed on monocytes, platelets, granulocytes, endothelial cells and lymphocyte subsets. CD31 has been reported to bind CD38 and be involved in wound healing, angiogenesis, and cellular migration in an inflammatory situation.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
IHC, ICC, Block - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 2.0 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone WM59 has been reported to recognize the D2 extracellular portion of CD31.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunofluorescence microscopy2, immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections8, and blocking of platelet aggregation3. Clone WM59 is not recommended for immunohistochemical staining of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 303143 & 303144).
The purified WM59 antibody is useful as a capture antibody for a sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with biotin anti-human CD31 antibody (Cat. No. 536604) antibody as the detection antibody.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Schlossman S, et al. Eds. 1995. Leucocyte Typing V Oxford University Press. New York.
- Muczynski KA, et al. 2003. J. Am. Soc. Nephrol. 14:1336. (IF)
- Wu XW, et al. 1997. Arterioscl. Throm. Vas. 17:3154. (Block)
- Nagano M, et al. 2007. Blood 110:151. (FC) PubMed
- MacFadyen JR, et al. 2005. FEBS Lett. 579:2569. PubMed
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Sestak K, et al. 2007. Vet. Immunol. Immunopathol. 119:21.
- Wicki A, et al. 2012. Clin. Cancer Res. 18:454. (FC, IHC) PubMed
- Oeztuerk-Winder F, et al. 2012. EMBO J. 31:3431. (FC) PubMed
- Bushway ME, et al. 2014. Biol Reprod. 90(5): 110 (IF) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2819927 (BioLegend Cat. No. 303143)
AB_2819928 (BioLegend Cat. No. 303144)
- Ig superfamily, type I transmembrane glycoprotein, 130-140 kD
Monocytes, platelets, granulocytes, endothelial cells, lymphocyte subset
- Cell adhesion, signal transduction
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Granulocytes, Lymphocytes, Monocytes, Neutrophils, Platelets
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
- DeLisser H, et al. 1994. Immunol. Today 15:490.
- Newman P, 1997. J. Clin. Invest. 99:3.
- Fawcett J, et al. 1995. J. Cell Biol. 128:1229.
- Gene ID
- 5175 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD31 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
|FITC anti-human CD31||WM59||FC|
|PE anti-human CD31||WM59||FC|
|Purified anti-human CD31||WM59||FC, ELISA Capture, ICC, IHC|
|Pacific Blue™ anti-human CD31||WM59||FC|
|APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD31||WM59||FC|
|APC anti-human CD31||WM59||FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD31||WM59||FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-human CD31||WM59||ICC|
|PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD31||WM59||FC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD31||WM59||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD31||WM59||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD31||WM59||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD31||WM59||FC|
|Purified anti-human CD31 (Maxpar® Ready)||WM59||FC, CyTOF®|
|Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD31||WM59||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD31||WM59||FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human CD31||WM59||FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD31||WM59||FC|
|APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD31||WM59||FC|
|TotalSeq™-A0124 anti-human CD31||WM59||PG|
|TotalSeq™-C0124 anti-human CD31||WM59||PG|
|TotalSeq™-B0124 anti-human CD31||WM59||PG|
|PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD31||WM59||FC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
FITC anti-human CD31
PE anti-human CD31
Purified anti-human CD31
Pacific Blue™ anti-human CD31
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD31
APC anti-human CD31
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD31
Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-human CD31
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD31
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD31
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD31
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD31
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD31
Purified anti-human CD31 (Maxpar® Ready)
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD31
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD31
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human CD31
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD31
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD31
TotalSeq™-A0124 anti-human CD31
TotalSeq™-C0124 anti-human CD31
TotalSeq™-B0124 anti-human CD31
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD31