- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- WNT-1 inducible signaling pathway protein-1, CCN4
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
WNT1 inducible signaling protein (WISP) is a protein subfamily that belongs to the connective tissue growth factor (CTGF) family. This family includes connective tissue growth factor (CTGF), cysteine-rich-61 (CYR61), and nephroblastoma overexpressed (NOV). CTGF is a family that is cysteine-rich, carries four conserved domains from N- to C-terminus: insulin-like growth factor binding protein (IGFBP) domain, von Willebrand type C repeats (vWC) domain, thrombospondin type 1 repeat (TSR) domain, and a C-terminal domain (CT) with a cysteine knot motif. CTGF family is comprised of several extracellular matrix associated proteins that contribute to cell adhesion, migration, and wound repair.
CTGF family member WISP-1, like WISP-2, and WISP-3, is a secreted extracellular matrix associated signaling protein that plays an important role in vessel formation, and bone and cartilage development. WISP-1 stimulates mesenchymal cell proliferation and osteoblastic differentiation. It is a downstream regulator of Wnt/Frizzled signaling that mediates various developmental processes and thus was identified as an oncogene modulated by the Wnt-1-β-catenin pathway. It is also known that WISP-1 is involved in prevention of late stage p53-mediated cell death and elevates expression of antiapoptotic Bcl-xL. WISP-1 overexpression, on the other hand, is associated with tumor formation due to its critical roles in early stage cellular proliferation and survival through phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase (PI3-K) and protein kinase B (Akt) pathways.
- Human WISP-1, amino acids Thr23-Asn367 (Accession# NM_003882), was expressed in E. coli.
- Molecular Mass
- The 345 amino acids recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of 38.1 kD. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Thr.
- >98%, as determined by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analysis.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.1 ng per µg of protein.
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored at -20°C or -70°C. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. Reconstitute in water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. Do not vortex. Note: Slow to dissolve. It is recommended to further dilute in a buffer containing a carrier protein such as 0.1% BSA and store working aliquots at -20°C to -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- The ED50 was determined by the dose-dependant proliferation of the MCF-7 cell line. The expected ED50 for this effect is 1.0 - 3.0 µg/ml.
- Application Notes
This product is reactive with human, mouse, and rat.
WISP-1 is expressed in heart, kidney, pancreas, ovary, placenta, and spleen.
- WISP-1 promotes proliferation and lineage specific differentiation of a set of mesenchymal tissue; early progenitors include osteoblast and chondrocyte differentiation.
- WISP-1 interacts with undifferentiated chondrocytes, osteoblasts, and mesenchymal fibroblasts.
- WISP-1 binds to integrin receptors/ proteoglycans.
- Cell fate regulation in embryogenesis.
- Cell Type
- Embryonic Stem Cells, Hematopoietic stem and progenitors, Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Neural Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Cytokines/Chemokines, Growth Factors
- Antigen References
1. Berschneider B, et al. 2011. Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 43:306.
2. Zemans RL, et al. 2013. Am. J. Physiol. Lung Cell Mol. Physiol. 304:L415.
3. Liu JF, et al. 2013. Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1833:966.
4. Logan CY and Nusse R. 2004. Annu. Rev. Cell Dev. Biol. 20:781.
5. Su F, et al. 2002. Genes Dev. 16:46.
6. Davies SR, et al. 2010. Int. J. Oncol. 36:1129.
7. Hou CH, et al. 2011. Biochem. Pharmacol. 81:1286.
8. Wu CL, et al. 2013. Cell Signal. 25:2812.
- Gene ID
- 8840 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about WISP-1 on UniProt.org
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)