- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Kinase insert domain receptor (KDR), Tyrosin kinase growth factor receptor, homolog of FLK1 (FLK1), VEGFR
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
The VEGF family includes five members, VEGFA (VEGFA165), VEGFB, VEGFC, VEGFD, and placenta growth factor (PlGF). Structurally, these growth factors are homodimers, although heterodimers have been described that are composed of VEGFA and PIGS. There are three VEGF receptor tyrosine kinases: VEGFR1 (Flt1), VEGFR2 (Flk1), and VEGFR3 (Flt4). The expression of these receptors is overlapping; nevertheless, a distribution pattern has been reported: VEGFR1 is expressed on monocytes and macrophages, VEGFR2 on vascular endothelial cells, and VEGFR3 on lymphatic endothelial cells. VEGFR2 also binds proteolytically processed VEGFC and VEGFD. VEGFR2 is the major mediator of the signaling cascades that regulate endothelial cell functions including: proliferation, migration and differentiation. Soluble VEGFR2 was initially identified in mouse and human plasma resulting from an endothelial cell surface proteolytic cleavage. VEGFA stimulates ADAM17-dependent shedding of VEGFR2; also, its shedding is stimulated by phorbol ester (PMA) and the calcium ionophore, ionomycin. Soluble VEGF1 and VEGFR2 act as decoy receptors for VEGFA, regulating the availability of VEGFA. In addition, alternative splicing of VEGFR2 produces soluble VEGFR2 that binds VEGFC and subsequently prevents lymphangiogenesis. It has been reported that decreased levels of VEGFR2 in the plasma of preeclamptic women may serve as a marker of endothelial cell dysfunction.Product Details
- Human VEGFR2, amino acids (Ala20 - Glu764) (Accession# AF063658) was expressed in 293E cells. Human IgG1-6His-tag in the carboxyl-terminus.
- Molecular Mass
- The 976 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 109 kD. The DTT-reduced and non-reduced glycosylated protein migrate at approximately 200 kD and >250 kD respectively by SDS-PAGE. The N-terminal amino acid is Ala.
- >95%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in PBS, pH 7.2.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.01 ng per µg cytokine as determined by the LAL method.
- 10 and 25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg size and larger sizes are lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- ED50 = 10 - 40 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of 0.25 - 1 x 105 units/mg, as determined by inhibition of HUVEC cell proliferation induce by 5 ng/ml of VEGF165.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue-ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are verified in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at email@example.com.
Soluble VEGFR2 is derived from endothelial cells.
- VEGFR2's main function is angiogenesis in physiological and pathological conditions. VEGFR2 transcription is regulated by endogenous VEGFA. Soluble VEGFR2 is a decoy receptor for VEGFA and VEGFC.
- Endothelial cells
- VEGFA, VEGFC
- Inhibition of HUVEC cell proliferation
- Cell Type
- Neural Stem Cells, Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Hematopoietic stem and progenitors
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Stem Cells, Synaptic Biology, Angiogenesis
- Molecular Family
- Soluble Receptors, Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors
- Antigen References
1. DiSalvo J, et al. 1995. J. Biol. Chem. 270:7717.
2. McColl BK, et al. 2003. J. Exp. Med. 198:863.
3. Albuquerque RJ, et al. 2009. Nat. Med. 15:1023.
4. Guangqi E, et al. 2012. J. Biol. Chem. 287:3029.
5. Koch S, and Claesson-Welsh 2012. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Med 2:a006502.
6. Munaut C, et al. 2012. Plos One 7:e33475.
7. Wehland M, et al. 2013. Int. J. Mol. Sci. 14:9338.
- Gene ID
- 3791 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about VEGFR2 on UniProt.org
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)