- MP5-20F3 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-6, B cell stimulating factor-2 (BSF-2), Cytotoxic T cell differentiation factor (CDF), Hepatocyte stimulating factor (HSF), Hybridoma/plasmacytoma growth factor (HPGF)
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-6 is a potent lymphoid cell growth factor that stimulates the growth and survivability of certain B cells and T cells. IL-6 plays a role in host defense, acute phase reactions, immune responses, and hematopoiesis. IL-6 is expressed by T cells, B cells, monocytes, fibroblasts, hepatocytes, endothelial cells and keratinocytes.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- COS-7-expressed, recombinant mouse IL-6
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
CyTOF® - Verified
ELISPOT Capture, Neut, IHC-F - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA applications, a concentration range of 0.5 – 2.0 µg/mL is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of mouse IL-6 recombinant protein ranging from 500 to 8 pg/mL are recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA Capture1-3,11 or ELISPOT Capture4,5: The purified MP5-20F3 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated MP5-32C11 antibody (Cat. No. 504602) as the detecting antibody and recombinant mouse IL-6 (Cat. No. 575709) as the standard. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody is suggested for ELISPOT capture.
Flow Cytometry: The fluorochrome-labeled MP5-20F3 antibody is useful for intracellular immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify IL-6 -producing cells within mixed cell populations. For intracellular cytokine staining protocol, please visit www.biolegend.com and click on the support section.
Neutralization1-2,8-10: The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of mouse IL-6 bioactivity in vivo and in vitro (Cat. No. 504506).
Additional reported applications (for relevant formats of this clone) include: In Vivo Capture7, and immunohistochemical staining (paraformaldehyde-fixed/saponin-treated6, and acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections13, 14).
Note: For testing mouse IL-6 in serum, plasma or supernatant, BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets (Cat. No. 431301 to 431306) are specially developed and recommended.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Abrams J, et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 127:5. (ELISA Capture, Neut)
- Sander B, et al. 1993. J. Immunol. Meth. 166:201. (ELISA Capture, Neut)
- Abrams J, et al. 1995. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons, New York. Unit 6.20. (ELISA Capture)
- Fujihashi K, et al. 1991. J. Immunol. Meth. 160:181. (ELISPOT Capture)
- Klinman D, et al. 1994. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons, New York. Unit 6.19. (ELISPOT Capture)
- Litton M, et al. 1994. J. Immunol Meth. 175:47. (IHC)
- Finkelman F, et al. 2003. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley & Sons, New York. Unit 6.28. (In Vivo Capture)
- Starnes HF Jr, et al. 1990. J. Immunol. 145:4185. (Neut)
- Riedemann NC, et al. 2003. J. Immunol. 170:503. (Neut)
- Rochman I, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 174:4761. (Neut)
- O'Connell PJ, et al. 2006. Blood 107:1010. (ELISA Capture)
- Ozeki Y, et al. 2010. Int. Immunol. 22:179. PubMed
- Galie M, et al. 2005. Carcinogenesis 26:1868 (IHC)
- Schone MP, et al. 2000. J Immunol 165:6583 (IHC)
- Keswani T, et al. 2014. Exp Parasitol. 141:82. PubMed
- Notley CA, et al. 2015. J Immunol. 194:1621. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_315335 (BioLegend Cat. No. 504501)
AB_315336 (BioLegend Cat. No. 504502)
- Neuropoietic cytokine family; 22-29 kD (Mammalian)
- Hematopoiesis; antigen-specific immune responses, inflammatory reactions; acute phase reaction
- Cell Sources
- T cells, B cells, macrophages, bone marrow stromal cells, fibroblasts, keratinocytes, mesangium, astrocytes, endothelial cells
- Cell Targets
- T cells, B cells, hepatocytes, cholinergic neurons
- Heterodimer IL-6Rα (CD126)/IL-6Rβ (CD130; gp130)
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Hirano T. 1998. Intl. Rev. Immunol. 16:249.
3. Patterson P. 1992. Curr. Opin. Neurobiol. 2:94.
4. Van Oers M, et al. 1993. Ann. Hematology 66:219.
- Upregulated by IL-1, TNF, PDGF, IFN-β, TNF-α, NGF, IL-17; downregulated by glucocorticoids IL-4, TGF-β
- Gene ID
- 16193 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-6 on UniProt.org
|PE anti-mouse IL-6||MP5-20F3||ICFC|
|Purified anti-mouse IL-6||MP5-20F3||ELISA Capture, CyTOF®, ELISPOT Capture, Neut, IHC-F|
|APC anti-mouse IL-6||MP5-20F3||ICFC|
|Purified anti-mouse IL-6 (Maxpar® Ready)||MP5-20F3||ELISA Capture, CyTOF®|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse IL-6||MP5-20F3||ELISA Capture, CyTOF®, ELISPOT Capture, Neut, IHC-F|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.