- MQ1-17H12 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-2, T cell growth factor (TCGF), Eosinophil differentiation factor (EDF), Killer cell helper factor (KHF), Macrophage-activating factor for cytotoxicity I (MAF-C I), Thymocyte differentiation factor (TDF)
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-2 is a potent lymphoid cell growth factor which exerts its biological activity primarily on T cells, promoting proliferation and maturation. Additionally, IL-2 has been found to stimulate growth and differentiation of B cells, NK cells, LAK cells, monocytes, and oligodendrocytes.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Reported Reactivity
- Cat, Chimpanzee, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus, Sooty Mangabey
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- E. coli - expressed recombinant human IL-2
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
CyTOF® - Verified
IHC, IP, Neut - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA capture applications, a concentration range of 2-6 µg/ml is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of IL-2 recombinant protein ranging from 500 to 7.8 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT Capture2,3: The purified MQ1-17H12 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the Biotin anti-human IL-2 antibody (Cat. No. 517605) as the detecting antibody. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody is suggested for ELISPOT capture. For ELISPOT capture applications, a concentration range of 4.0 - 8.0 µg/mL is recommended.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation2, immunohistochemical staining of paraformaldehyde-fixed, saponin-treated frozen tissue sections1,4-6,8, neutralization13, and immunocytochemistry.
Note: For testing human IL-2 in serum or plasma, BioLegend's LEGEND MAX™ Kit (Cat. No. 431807) is specially developed and recommended.
Clone MQ1-17H12 cross-reacts to Cat15
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Andersson J, et al. 1994. Immunology 83:16. (IHC)
- Abrams J, et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 127:5. (IP)
- Abrams JS. 1995. Curr. Prot. Immunol. Unit 6.20.
- Fernandez V, et al. 1994. Eur. J. Immunol. 24:1808. (IHC)
- Skansen-Saphir U, et al. 1994. Eur. J. Immunol. 24:916. (IHC)
- Andersson U, et al. Detection and Quantification of Gene Expression. New York:Springer-Verlag. (IHC)
- Prussin C, et al. 1995. J. Immunol. Methods. 188:117.
- Raqib R, et al. 2002. Infect. Immun. 70:3199. (IHC)
- Dzhagalov I, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:2113. PubMed
- Colleton BA, et al. 2009. J Virol. 83:6288. PubMed
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Rout N, et al. 2010. PLoS One 5:e9787. (FC)
- Yeap SK, et al. 2013. BMC Complement Altern. Med. 13:145. (Neut)
- Wu Z, et al. 2015. J Virol. 89:6435. PubMed
- Maksaereekul S, et al. 2009. Vaccine. 28:3754 (FC) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_315088 (BioLegend Cat. No. 500301)
AB_315089 (BioLegend Cat. No. 500302)
- Cytokine; 15.4 kD (Mammalian)
- Proliferation of T lymphocytes, B cells, anti-inflammatory, hematopoiesis, tumor surveillance
- Cell Sources
- T cells
- Cell Targets
- T cells, B cells, NK cells, LAK cells, monocytes, macrophages, oligodendrocytes
- High affinity heterotrimer of IL-2Rα/β/γ, intermediate affinity homodimer IL-2Rα (CD25; p55; Tac) and heterodimer IL-2Rβ (CD122)/γ; γ-subunit (CD132) in common with IL-4R, IL-7R, IL-13R, IL-15R
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Taniguchi T, et al. 1993. Cell 73:5.
3. Nistico G. 1993. Prog. Neurobiol. 40:463.
4. Waldmann T, et al. 1993. Ann. NY Acad. Sci. 685:603.
- Upregulated by NFAT; downregulated by TCF-8 and CIF (colostrums inhibitory factor)
- Gene ID
- 3558 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-2 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
APC anti-human IL-2
FITC anti-human IL-2
PE anti-human IL-2
Purified anti-human IL-2
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human IL-2
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human IL-2
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human IL-2
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human IL-2
Pacific Blue™ anti-human IL-2
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human IL-2
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human IL-2
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human IL-2
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-human IL-2
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human IL-2
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human IL-2
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human IL-2
Purified anti-human IL-2 (Maxpar® Ready)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human IL-2
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human IL-2
PerCP anti-human IL-2
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human IL-2
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human IL-2