- JES1-39D10 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-5, Eosinophil differentiation factor (EDF), Eosinophil colony stimulating factor (Eo-CSF), B cell growth factor-2 (BCGF-2), B cell differentiation factor for IgM (BCDF-m), IgA enhancing factor (IgA-EF), T cell replacing factor-1 (TRF-1)
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
IL-5 is a homodimeric, disulphide-linked protein produced by T-cells. Monomeric human IL-5 is a 126 amino acid protein with a reported molecular weight of 26 kD for the homodimeric protein. Mouse and human IL-5 are approximately 70% identical. IL-5 has been shown to promote the growth of immature hematopoietic BFU-E progenitors, stimulate the activation and differentiation of eosinophils, and promote the generation of cytotoxic lymphocytes. The JES1-39D10 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-5.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity*: Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- COS-expressed, recombinant human IL-5
µg format: Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
Test format: Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide, 0.2% (w/v) BSA (USA origin).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
ELISA1-3 or ELISPOT4-6 Capture: The purified JES1-39D10 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated JES1-5A10 (Cat. No. 501002) antibody as the detecting antibody. The LEAF™ purified antibody is suggested for ELISPOT capture.
Neutralization1: The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of human IL-4 bioactivity (Cat. No. 500907).
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting, immunohistochemical staining8,9 of paraformaldehyde-fixed, saponin-treated frozen tissue sections, and immunocytochemistry.
Note: For testing human IL-5 in serum or plasma, BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets (Cat. No. 430401 & 430404) are specially developed and recommended.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Abrams, J., et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 127:5.
- Butterfield, J., et al. 1992. Blood 79:688.
- Abrams, J., et al. 1994. Eosinophils in Allergy and Inflammation. Marcel Dekker, New York. p.133.
- Klinman, D., et al. 1994. Curr. Prot. Immunol.. John Wiley and Sons, New York. Unit 6.19.6.
- Mahanty, S., et al. 1992. J. Immunol. 148:3567.
- Limaye, A., et al. 1991. J. Clin. Inv. 88:1418.
- Prussin, C., et al. 1995. J. Immunol. Meth. 188:117.
- Andersson, U., et al. 1999. Detection and quantification of gene expression. New York:Springer-Verlag.
- Andersson, J., et al. 1994. Immunology 83:16.
- Product Citations
AB_315138 (BioLegend Cat. No. 500903)
AB_315139 (BioLegend Cat. No. 500904)
- Cytokine; dimer; 45 kD (Mammalian)
- Growth/differentiation of eosinophils; proliferation/cell activation/differentiation of eosinophilic granulocytes
- Cell Sources
- Mast cells, T cells, bone marrow stromal cells
- Cell Targets
- Heterodimer IL-5Rα (CD125); β-subunit (CDw131) in common with IL-3R, GM-CSFR
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald, K., et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Takatsu, K., et al. 1988. Immunol. Rev. 102:107.
3. Takatsu, K. 1992. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 4:299.
4. Takatsu, K. 1991. Microbiol. Immun. 35:593.
- Upregulated by IL-2, platelet activating factor; downregulated by TGF-β
- Gene ID
- 3567 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-5 on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.