- TC11-18H10.1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-17, Cytotoxic T lymphocyte-associated antigen 8 (CTLA-8)
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-17, also known as CTLA-8, is a T cell-expressed pleiotropic cytokine that exhibits a high degree of homology to a protein encoded by the ORF13 gene of herpes virus Saimiri. IL-17 is produced by Th cells (Th17) that are distinct from the traditional Th1- and Th2-cell subsets. IL-23 plays an important role in triggering IL-17 production. Both recombinant and natural IL-17 have been shown to exist as disulfide linked homodimers. IL-17 exhibits multiple biological activities on a variety of cells including: the induction of IL-6 and IL-8 production in fibroblasts, activation of NF-κB, and costimulation of T cell proliferation. IL-17 is an essential inflammatory mediator in the development of autoimmune diseases. Neutralization of IL-17 with monoclonal antibody is able to ameliorate the disease course.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- E. coli expressed, recombinant mouse IL-17A
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 711™ under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 711™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 711 nm. The bandpass filter 710/50 nm is recommended for detection, although filter optimization may be required depending on other fluorophores used. Be sure to verify that your cytometer configuration and software setup are appropriate for detecting this channel. Refer to your instrument manual or manufacturer for support. Brilliant Violet 711™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
ELISA Capture3,4 and ELISPOT Capture5: The purified TC11-18H10.1 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated TC11-8H4 antibody (Cat. No. 507002) as the detecting antibody and recombinant mouse IL-17 (Cat. No. 576009) as the standard.
Flow Cytometry2-4,7,8,11,12: The TC11-18H10.1 antibody is useful for intracellular immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify IL-17-producing cells within mixed cell populations.
Neutralization6,9: The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of mouse IL-17 bioactivity in vivo and in vitro (Cat. No. 506906).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kennedy J, et al. 1996. J. Interferon Cytokine Res. 16:611.
- Schubert D, et al. 2004. J. Immunol. 172:4503. (ICFC)
- Infante-Duarte C, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 165:6107. (ICFC, ELISA Capture)
- Harrington LE, et al. 2005. Nature Immunol. doi:10.1038/ni1254. (ICFC, ELISA Capture)
- Nekrasova T, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 175:2734. (ELISPOT Capture)
- Yen D, et al. 2006. J. Clin. Invest. 116:1310. (Neut)
- Ehirchiou D, et al. 2007. J. Exp. Med. 204:1519. (ICFC)
- Kang SG, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:3724. (ICFC)
- Smith E, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 181:1357. (Neut) PubMed
- Neufert C, et al. 2007. Eur. J. Immunol. 37:1809. PubMed
- Wang C, et al. 2009. Mucosal Immunol 2:173. (ICFC) PubMed
- Cui Y, et al. 2009. Invest. Ophth. Vis. Sci. 50:5811. (ICFC) PubMed
- Kivisäkk P, et al. 2009. Ann. Neurol. 65:457. PubMed
- Cooney LA, et al. 2011. J. Immunol. 187:4440. PubMed
- Ma Y, et al. 2012. PLoS One. 7:e40763. PubMed
- Murakami R, et al. 2013. PLoS One. 8:73270. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2565836 (BioLegend Cat. No. 506941)
- Cytokine; dimer; 15 kD (Mammalian).
- Secretion of IL-6, IL-8, G-CSF, prostaglandin E2 by epithelial, endothelial or fibroblastic cells; stimulates cell migration, cord formation, and IL-6 secretion by stromal cells
- Cell Sources
- CD4+ memory T cells
- Cell Targets
- Fibroblasts, epithelial and endothelial cells, stromal cells
- IL-17R (CD217)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Numasaki M, et al. 2002. Blood 101:2620.
3. Fossiez F, et al. 1996. J. Exp. Med. 183:2593.
4. Yao Z, et al. 1997. Cytokine 9:794.
5. Dong C. 2006. Nat. Rev. Immunol. 6:329.
6. Hofstetter HH, et al. 2005 Cell. Immunol. 237:123.
- Gene ID
- 16171 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-17A on UniProt.org
- Does the anti-mouse IL-17 antibody (clone TC11-18H10.1) recognize the A or F isoform?
- Clone TC11-18H10.1 recognizes IL-17A isoform, but it also recognizes the IL-17A/F heterodimer via IL-17A binding.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
PE anti-mouse IL-17A
Purified anti-mouse IL-17A
FITC anti-mouse IL-17A
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse IL-17A
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse IL-17A
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-mouse IL-17A
APC anti-mouse IL-17A
Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse IL-17A
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse IL-17A
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse IL-17A
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse IL-17A
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse IL-17A
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-mouse IL-17A
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-mouse IL-17A
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-mouse IL-17A
Purified anti-mouse IL-17A (Maxpar® Ready)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-mouse IL-17A
APC/Cyanine7 anti-mouse IL-17A
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-mouse IL-17A
PerCP anti-mouse IL-17A
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse IL-17A