- D9302C12 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-9, P40, Mast cell growth factor (MCGF), Megakaryoblast growth factor, T cell growth factor-3 (TCGF-3)
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-9 is a potent, T cell-derived, T cell growth factor which can also enhance mast cell activity and IL-3- or IL-4- dependent proliferation of bone marrow-derived mast cells. IL-9 synergizes with erythropoietin to promote erythroid colony formation. IL-9 induces high affinity IgE receptor expression and granzyme A and B in murine T helper clones. The D9302C12 antibody reacts with mouse IL-9. The D9302C12 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant mouse IL-9.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- Baculovirus-expressed, recombinant mouse IL-9
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
ELISA Detection - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For use as an ELISA detection antibody, a concentration range of 0.25-1.0 µg/ml is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of IL-9 recombinant protein ranging from 4000 to 30 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA Detection1,2: The biotinylated D9302C12 antibody is useful as a detection antibody for a sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with Purified D8402E8 antibody (Cat. No. 504702) as the capture antibody.
Neutralization2-5:The Ultra-LEAF™ Purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of mouse IL-9 bioactivity (Cat. No. 504807 and 504808).
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Abrams, J. 1995. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons, New York. Unit 6.20.
- Renauld, J., et al. 1995. J. Leuk. Biol. 57:353.
- Sitkauskiene, B., et al. 2005. Respir Res. 6:33.
- Jones, T.G, et al. 2009. J Immunol. 183:5251-60. (Neut) PubMed
- Jones, T.G, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 185:1804-11. (Neut) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_315348 (BioLegend Cat. No. 504804)
- Cytokine; 30-40 kD (Mammalian)
- Potentiates production of IgG, IgM, and IgE by IL-4-induced B lymphocytes; regulates granzyme family proteases; enhances proliferation of bone marrow mast cells with IL-3; production of IL-6 by mast cells
- Cell Sources
- IL-2 activated TH2 lymphocytes
- Cell Targets
- T lymphocytes, erythroid precursors
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald, K., et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Quesniaux, V. 1992. Research Immunology 143:385.
3. Renauld, J., et al. 1993. Adv. Immunol. 54:79.
4. Yang, Y. 1992. Leuk. Lymphoma 8:441.
- Upregulated by IL-1 after TCR activation, TNF-α; downregulated by antibodies to IL-2
- Gene ID
- 16198 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-9 on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
|Biotin anti-mouse IL-9||D9302C12||ELISA Detection|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse IL-9||D9302C12||Neut, WB|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.