- MH9D1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-9, P40, MCGF, TCGF-3
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
IL-9 is a potent, T cell-derived, T cell growth factor which can also enhance mast cell activity and IL-3- or IL-4- dependent proliferation of bone marrow-derived mast cells. IL-9 synergizes with erythropoietin to promote erythroid colony formation. IL-9 has also been reported to protect human T cells from apoptosis induced by IL-2 withdrawal. IL-9 is upregulated in human eosinophils by TNF-α and IL1-β. IL-9 has been reported to downregulate the oxidative burst in activated human alveolar macrophages and induce TGF-β production. The MH9A3 antibody reacts with human IL-9. The MH9A3 antibody can inhibit IL-9 bioactivity in vitro.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Baculovirus-expressed, recombinant human IL-9
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For use as an ELISA detection antibody, a concentration range of 0.5-2 µg/ml is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of IL-9 recombinant protein ranging from 1000 to 8 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA Detection4: The biotinylated MH9D1 antibody is useful as a detection antibody for a human IL-9 sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with purified MH9A4 antibody as the capture antibody.
Neutralization2, 3: The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of human IL-9 bioactivity.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Jenmalm M, et al. 2001. Clin. Exptl. Aller. 31:1528.
- Personal comunication with developer.
- Gounni AS, et. al, 2004. J. Immunol. 173:2771.
- Faulkner H, et al. 2002. J. Infec. Diseas. 185:665.
- Chang HC, et al. 2010. Nat. Immunol. 11:527. (ELISA) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_1027625 (BioLegend Cat. No. 512002)
- Cytokine; 32-39 kD (Mammalian)
- Potentiates production of IgG, IgM, and IgE by IL-4-induced B lymphocytes; regulates granzyme family proteases; enhances proliferation of bone marrow mast cells with IL-3; production of IL-6 by mast cells
- Cell Sources
- IL-2 activated TH2 lymphocytes, Hodgkin's lymphoma
- Cell Targets
- T lymphocytes, erythroid precursors
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Quesniaux V. 1992. Research Immunology 143:385.
3. Renauld J, et al. 1993. Adv. Immunol. 54:79.
4. Yang Y. 1992. Leuk. Lymphoma 8:441.
- Upregulated by IL-1 after TCR activation, TNF-α; downregulated by antibodies to IL-2
- Gene ID
- 3578 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-9 on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human IL-9 Antibody||MH9D1||ELISA, Neut|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.