- 2H5 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1, Monocyte chemoattractant and activating factor (MCAF), JE, Small inducible cytokine A2 (SCYA2), HC-11, P6, Smooth muscle cell chemotactic factor (SMC-CF), CCL2
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
Monocyte chemotactic protein-1 (MCP-1) also known as monocyte chemotactic and activating factor (MCAF) was identified based on its ability to chemoattract monocytes. Subsequently, MCP-1 has also been found to regulate adhesion molecule expression and cytokine production in monocytes. MCP-1 is identical to the product of the JE gene, a PDGF inducible gene. MCP-1 is a member of the beta (C-C) chemokine subfamily, known as CCL2. The 2H5 antibody reacts with mouse, rat, and human MCP-1. The 2H5 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant MCP-1.Product Details
- Mouse, Rat, Human, Cross-Reactivity: Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- CHO-expressed, recombinant mouse MCP-1
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
ELISPOT Capture, Neut, WB, IHC - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA capture applications, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10 µg/mL is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of MCP-1 recombinant protein ranging from 2000 to 15 pg/mL are recommended for each ELISA plate.
- Application Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT Capture1: The Ultra-LEAF™ 2H5 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated 4E2/MCP antibody (Cat. No. 506002) as the detecting antibody for the detection of mouse MCP-1. The purified 2H5 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated 5D3-F7 antibody (Cat. No. 502609) as the detecting antibody for the detection of human MCP-1.
Flow Cytometry2: The fluorochrome-labeled 2H5 antibody is useful for intracellular immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify MCP-1 -producing cells within mixed cell populations. For intracellular cytokine staining protocol, please visit www.biolegend.com and click on the support section.
Neutralization1,4,6: The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. Nos. 505911 & 505912) is recommended for neutralization.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting3, immunohistochemistry of paraformaldehyde-fixed, saponin-treated frozen tissue sections5, and acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections7.
- Application References
- Luo, Y., et al. 1994. J. Immunol. 153:3708.
- Zhang, Y., et al. 2002. J. Immunol. 168:3088.
- Luo, Y., et al. 1999 J. Immunol. 163:3985.
- Morrison, B. E., et al. 2003 J. Clin. Invest. 112:1862.
- Hancock, W. W., et al. 1997 Transplantation 64:696.
- Yu, R., et al. 2006 Obesity 14:1353.
- Taal MW, et al. 2001. Am. J. Physiol. Renal. Physiol. 280:F343.
- Wan W, et al. 2015. Cardiovasc Res. 106:478. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2820086 (BioLegend Cat. No. 505911)
AB_2820087 (BioLegend Cat. No. 505912)
AB_2820088 (BioLegend Cat. No. 505913)
AB_2820089 (BioLegend Cat. No. 505914)
AB_2820090 (BioLegend Cat. No. 505915)
AB_2820091 (BioLegend Cat. No. 505916)
- CC chemokine; dimer; 13.8 kD (Mammalian)
- Chemoattractant; regulates adhesion molecule expression, cytokine production in monocytes; proliferation/activation of CC-chemokine activated killer cells
- Cell Sources
- Monocytes, vascular endothelial cells, smooth muscle, glomerular mesangial cells
- Cell Targets
- Monocytes, basophils, T cells, NK cells, immature dendritic cells
- CCR2; CCR5; CCR10; D6; possibly L-CCR
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald, K., et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Bischoff, S., et al. 1992. J. Exp. Med. 175:1271.
3. Charo, I., et al. 1994. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 91:2752.
4. Jiang, Y., et al. 1992. J. Immunol. 148:2423.
- Upregulated by IL-1, TNF-α, PDGF, TGF-β
- Gene ID
- 20296 View all products for this Gene ID 24770 View all products for this Gene ID 6347 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CCL2 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.