- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- IL-1RA, ICIL-1RA, IRAP, IL-1RN
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Interleukin-1 receptor antagonist (IL-1RA or IL-RN) is a member of IL-1 family cytokine and it is a naturally occurring inflammatory inhibitor protein. It competes with IL-1α and IL-1β for binding to type I and type II receptors. It can modulate a variety of interleukin 1 related immune and inflammatory responses. IL-1RA has been shown to block the inflammatory responses induced by IL-1 both in vitro and in vivo model. Recombinant IL-1RA (anakinra) has been used as to treat rheumatoid arthritis. A polymorphism of IL-1RN gene is reported to be associated with increased risk of osteoporotic fractures, gastric cancer, bladder cancer, and other cancer types.Product Details
- Human IL-1R antagonist (IL-1RA), amino acids (Arg26-Glu177) (P18510), was expressed in E. coli.
- Molecular Mass
- The 153 amino acid N-terminal methionylated recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of 17.2 kD. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Met.
- >98%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE and HPLC analysis.
- Lyophilized, carrier-free.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.1 ng per µg of protein.
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored at -20°C or -70°C. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. Reconstitute in water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. Do not vortex. It is recommended to further dilute in a buffer, such as 5% Trehalose, and store working aliquots at -20°C to -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- ED50 = 7 - 35 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of 0.2 - 1.4 x 105 units/mg, as determined by inhibition of D10.G4.1 cell proliferation induced by human IL-1α.
- Application Notes
This product is reactive with human and mouse.
- Product Citations
- Cytokine inhibitor
- Corneal epithelial cells, monocytes, neutrophils, macrophages, and fibroblasts.
- Inhibits the activity of IL-1β and IL-1α by binding to receptor IL1R1 and blocking downstream signaling.
- Type I and II IL-1 receptors (IL-1RI and IL-1RII) for human.
- Cell Type
- Hematopoietic stem and progenitors
- Biology Area
- Stem Cells, Cell Biology
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Zhang Y, et al. 2012. PLoS One 7:e46017.
2. Schrijver HM, et al. 2003. Mediators Inflamm. 12:89.
3. Konwar R, et al. 2009. Oncol Res. 17:362.
4. Muzio M, et al. 1995. J. Exp. Med. 182:623.
- Gene ID
- 3557 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-1RA on UniProt.org
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)