- W18160A (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- IL18, IL-18, Interleukin 18, Interleukin-18, IL-1 Gamma, Interleukin-1 Gamma, IFN-Gamma-Inducing Factor
- Rat IgG2a, λ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Interleukin 18 (IL-18) is a proinflammatory cytokine that participates in both innate and acquired immunity. IL-18 is a part of the IL-1 superfamily that activates T-helper 1 (Th1) and natural killer (NK) cells by inducing IFN-γ production. IL-18 is produced in its inactive precursor form, pro-IL-18 (24 kD), with no signal peptide, accumulating in the cytoplasm. Pro-IL-18 is then processed intracellularly by CASP1 into the mature active form of IL-18 (18 kD) which is secreted extracellularly. Mature IL-18 binds to an inducible receptor, IL-18Rα, and then recruits IL-18Rβ which initiates an immune reaction through TLR/IL-1R-like signaling by recruiting MyD88 and the NF-κB pathway. IL-18 is associated with Adult-onset Still's disease and pleural tuberculosis.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial recombinant human IL-18 protein of approximately 60 amino acids
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.125 - 1.0 µg/mL. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 5.0 μg/mL is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone recognizes human IL-18.
For ICC testing, HeLa cells were fixed in 4% PFA and permeabilized with either Triton X-100 or methanol; both methods produced strong staining at 1 mg/mL.
AB_2820219 (BioLegend Cat. No. 934801)
AB_2820220 (BioLegend Cat. No. 934802)
- IL-18 is a 193 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 22 kD.
IL-18 is secreted, also localized to the nucleus and cytosol.
- Proinflammatory cytokine
- Binds inducible receptor IL-18Rα, and then recruits IL-18Rβ
- Cell Type
- NK cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Adaptive Immunity, Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
- Adachi O, et al. 1998. Cell Press. 9:1:143.
- Akira S, et al. 2000. Curr. Op. Imm. 12:1:59.
- Van de Veerdonk, et al. 2011. Trends in Imm. 32:3:110.
- Canna S, et al. 2017. Jour. of All. and Clin. Imm. 139:5:1698.
- Muhl H, et al. 2019. Cell Sig. 63:109388.
- Gene ID
- 3606 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-18 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.