- Poly5233 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Leukemia Inhibitory Factor, HILDA (human interleukin in DA cells), MLPLI (melanoma-derived LPL inhibitor), DIA (differentiation-inducing factor)
- Goat Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF) is a 20 kD protein that belongs to the IL-6 receptor family. It binds to a heterodimeric membrane receptor made up of a LIF-specific subunit, gp190 or LIFR, and the subunit gp130, which is shared with the other members of the IL-6 family. The LIF complex receptor signals though STAT3 and JAK kinases. LIF expression has been observed in various tissues including thymus, lung, and neuronal tissue. LIF displays diverse biological effects but is best known for its ability to inhibit the differentiation of embryonic stem cells in mice and contribute to stem cell self-renewal. Human and mouse LIF share 79% sequence homology and exhibit cross-species activity. However, LIF inhibition of stem cell differentiation appears to be mouse specific. It is involved in the induction of hematopoietic differentiation in normal and myeloid leukemia cells, induction of neuronal cell differentiation, regulation of mesenchymal to epithelial conversion during kidney development, and may also have a role in immune tolerance at the maternal-fetal interface. Alternatively, spliced transcript variants encoding multiple isoforms have been observed for this gene. LIF can be upregulated by pro-inflammatory cytokines such as TNFα and IL-17, and elevated levels of LIF have been found in cases of rheumatoid arthritis, neural injury, systemic inflammation, and tuberculosis.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human LIF
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.1 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.01 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store frozen at -20°C. Make small volume aliquots if needed and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles to prevent denaturing the antibody.
Neut - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by neutralization of proliferation induced by recombinant human LIF (Cat. No. 593904) at 3 ng/mL on human TF-1 cells. ND50 range: 0.04 - 0.2 µg/mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application
- Application Notes
ELISA Capture: To measure human LIF, this antibody can be used as a capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA format and paired with the biotinylated clone M017C3 antibody as the detection antibody. Recombinant Human LIF (ELISA Std.) can be used as the protein standard.
Note: For testing human LIF in serum, plasma, or supernatant, BioLegend’s LEGEND MAX™ Human LIF ELISA Kit is specially developed and recommended.
AB_2892478 (BioLegend Cat. No. 523303)
- Four-helix bundle fold.
Expressed in the trophectoderm of the developing embryo and activated CD4+ T cells.
- Inhibits embryonic stem cell differentiation, induces the terminal differentiation of myeloid leukemia cells. LIF is upregulated by TNFα and IL-17. LIF is downregulated by IL-4 and IL-13 in fibroblasts.
- Embryonic stem cells.
- LIFR complex (gp190 and gp130)
- Cell Type
- T cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Cytokines/Chemokines, Growth Factors
- Antigen References
1. Metcalf D. 1991. Int. J. Cell Cloning 2:95-108.
2. Zhang JG, et al. 1998. J. Biol. Chem. 17:10798.
3. Kamohara H, et al. 2007. Int. J. Oncol. 4:977.
4. Marshall MK, et al. 1994. Endocrinology 135:141.
5. Vogiagis D, Salamonsen LA. 1999. J. Endocrinol. 160:181.
6. Zouein FA, et al. 2013. Eur. Cytokine Netw. 24:11.
7. Mathieu ME, et al. 2012. Stem Cell Rev. 8:1.
8. Hu W, et al. 2007. Nature 450:721.
9. Trouillas M, et al. 2009. Eur. Cytokine Netw. 20:51.
10. Metcalfe SM. 2011. Genes Immun. 3:157.
- Gene ID
- 3976 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about LIF on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.