- E8N1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-8, Neutrophil activating protein-1, Monocyte-derived neutrophil chemotactic factor (MDNCF), Neutrophil activating factor (NAF), Leukocyte adhesion inhibitor (LAI), Granulocyte chemotactic protein (GCP), CXCL8
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-8, also known as neutrophil chemotactic factor, neutrophil activating protein, and monocyte-derived neutrophil chemotactic factor, is a member of the alpha (C-X-C) subfamily of chemokines called CXCL8. In response to proinflammatory stimuli, IL-8 is produced by monocytes, macrophages, T cells, neutrophils, and fibroblasts. IL-8 promotes neutrophil chemotaxis and degranulation. The 72 amino acid IL-8 is the predominant form secreted by monocytes and lymphocytes. The E8N1 antibody recognizes the human IL-8 protein and has been shown to be useful for intracellular immunofluorescence flow cytometric analysis and as ELISA detection antibody.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with FITC under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
ELISA Detection: The biotinylated E8N1 antibody is useful as the detection antibody in a sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with the purified H8A5 (Cat. No. 511502) antibody as the capture antibody.
Note: For testing human IL-8 in serum or plasma, BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets are specially developed and recommended.
- Product Citations
AB_893462 (BioLegend Cat. No. 511406)
- CXC chemokine; 8.4 kD (Mammalian)
- CXCR1 (CDw128); CXCR2
- Neutrophil/basophil chemoattractant; activates neutrophils, angiogenic factor
- Cell Sources
- Monocytes, lymphocytes, granulocytes, fibroblasts, endothelial cells, bronchial epithelial cells, keratinocytes, melanocytes, hepatocytes, mesangial cells, chondrocytes
- Cell Targets
- Neutrophils, basophils, lymphocytes
- Cell Type
- Neutrophils, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Baggiolini M, et al. 1994. Adv. Immunol. 55:97.
3. Schröder J, et al. 1992. Immunology Ser. 57:387.
4. Zwahlen R, et al. 1993. Intl. Rev. Expt. Pathol. 34:27.
- Upregulated by IL-1, IL-7, IL-17, IFN-γ, TNF-α, leukoregulin; downregulated by IL-4, TGF-ß, glucocorticoids, vitamin D3
- Gene ID
- 3576 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-8 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.