- M5E2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- III 329
- Other Names
- LPS receptor
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD14 is a 53-55 kD glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI)-linked membrane glycoprotein also known as LPS receptor. CD14 is expressed at high levels on monocytes and macrophages, and at lower levels on granulocytes. Some dendritic cell populations such as interfollicular dendritic cells, reticular dendritic cells, and Langerhans cells have also been reported to express CD14. As a high-affinity receptor for LPS, CD14 is involved in the clearance of gram-negative pathogens, and in the upregulation of adhesion molecules and expression of cytokines in monocytes and neutrophils.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Capuchin Monkey, Cattle (Bovine, Cow), Chimpanzee, Common Marmoset, Cotton-topped Tamarin, Cynomolgus, Dog (Canine), Rhesus, Pigtailed Macaque, Squirrel Monkey
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Full-length human CD14 protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 510™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 510™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 510 nm. The bandpass filter 510/50 nm is recommended for detection, although filter optimization may be required depending on other fluorophores used. Be sure to verify that your cytometer configuration and software setup are appropriate for detecting this channel. Refer to your instrument manual or manufacturer for support. Brilliant Violet 510™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
The M5E2 antibody inhibits monocyte activation and cytokine production induced by LPS. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections, blocking of LPS stimulation4, and immunofluorescence microscopy5. Clone M5E2 is not recommended for immunohistochemical staining of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 301861 and 301862).
- Application References
- McMichael A, et al. 1987. Leucocyte Typing III. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Knapp W, et al. Eds. 1989. Leucocyte Typing IV. Oxford University Press. New York. (IHC-F)
- Schlossman S, et al. Eds. 1995. Leucocyte Typing V. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Power CP, et al. 2004. J. Immunol. 173:5229. (Block)
- Williams KC, et al. 2001. J. Exp. Med. 193:905.
- Iwamoto S, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:1449. (FC) PubMed
- Santer DM, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 485:4739. PubMed
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Zizzo G, et al. 2012. J. Immunol. 189:3508. PubMed
- Stoeckius M, et al. 2017. Nat. Methods. 14:865. (PG)
- Peterson VM, et al. 2017. Nat. Biotechnol. 35:936. (PG)
- Product Citations
AB_2561379 (BioLegend Cat. No. 301841)
AB_2561946 (BioLegend Cat. No. 301842)
- GPI-linked membrane glycoprotein, 53-55 kD
Monocytes, macrophages, granulocytes (low)
- LPS receptor, clearance of Gram-negative pathogens
- Cell Type
- Granulocytes, Macrophages, Monocytes, Neutrophils
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Stocks S, et al. 1990. Biochem. J. 268:275.
2. Wright S, et al. 1990. Science 249:1434.
- Gene ID
- 929 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD14 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.