- PK136 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- NKR-P1C, NKR-P1B, Ly-55, CD161, CD161b, CD161c
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
NK-1.1 surface antigen, also known as CD161b/CD161c and Ly-55, is encoded by the NKR-P1B/NKR-P1C gene. It is expressed on NK cells and NK-T cells in some mouse strains, including C57BL/6, FVB/N, and NZB, but not AKR, BALB/c, CBA/J, C3H, DBA/1, DBA/2, NOD, SJL, and 129. Expression of NKR-P1C antigen has been correlated with lysis of tumor cells in vitro and rejection of bone marrow allografts in vivo. NK-1.1 has also been shown to play a role in NK cell activation, IFN-γ production, and cytotoxic granule release. NK-1.1 and DX5 are commonly used as mouse NK cell markers.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- NK-1+ cells from mouse spleen and bone marrow
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
µg sizes: 0.2 mg/ml
µl sizes: lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For immunofluorescent staining using the µg size, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. For immunofluorescent staining using µl sizes, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Becton, Dickinson and Company and its affiliates. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. patent(s), pending patent applications and/or foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1,2, complement-dependent cytotoxicity3, in vivo depletion4,5,9,10, mediation of in vitro redirected lysis6, blocking of NK cell function7, induction of proliferation8, immunohistochemical staining of frozen sections11, and immunofluorescence microscopy11. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 108712).
- Application References
- Carlyle JR, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 162:5917. (IP)
- Sentman CL, et al. 1989. Hybridoma 8:605. (IP)
- Koo GC, et al. 1984. Hybridoma 3:301. (Cyt)
- Sentman CL, et al. 1989. J. Immunol. 142:1847. (Deplete)
- Koo GC, et al. 1986. J. Immunol. 137:3742. (Deplete)
- Karlhofer FM, et al. 1991. J. Immunol. 146:3662.
- Kung SK, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 162:5876. (Block)
- Reichlin A, et al. 1998. Immunol. Cell Biol. 76:143.
- Drobyski W, et al. 1996. Blood 87:5355. (Deplete)
- Andoniou CE, et al. 2005. Nat. Immunol. 6:1011. (Deplete)
- Kanwar JR, et al. 2001. J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 93:1541. (IHC, IF)
- Kroemer A, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 180:7818. PubMed
- Kim JY, et al. 2009. Exp Mol Med. 30:288. PubMed
- Bankoti J, et al. 2010. Toxicol. Sci. 115:422. (FC) PubMed
- Lee H, et al. 2014. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 55:2885. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_10895916 (BioLegend Cat. No. 108731)
AB_2562561 (BioLegend Cat. No. 108741)
AB_2562218 (BioLegend Cat. No. 108732)
- NKR-P1 gene family
NK and NK-T cells in the NK1.1 mouse strains (C57BL, FVB/N, NZB)
- NK cell activation, IFN-γ production, cytotoxic granule release
- Cell Type
- NK cells, NKT cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Antigen References
1. Lanier LL. 1997. Immunity 6:371.
2. Yokoyama WM, et al. 1993. Ann. Rev. Immunol. 11:613.
3. Koo GC, et al. 1986. J. Immunol. 137:3742.
4. Giorda R, et al. 1991. J. Immunol. 147:1701.
- Gene ID
- 17059 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about NK-1.1 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.