- MP5-32C11 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-6, B cell stimulating factor-2 (BSF-2), Cytotoxic T cell differentiation factor (CDF), Hepatocyte stimulating factor (HSF), Hybridoma/plasmacytoma growth factor (HPGF)
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-6 is a potent lymphoid cell growth factor that stimulates the growth and survivability of certain B cells and T cells. IL-6 plays a role in host defense, acute phase reactions, immune responses, and hematopoiesis. IL-6 is expressed by T cells, B cells, monocytes, fibroblasts, hepatocytes, endothelial cells and keratinocytes. The MP5-32C11 antibody reacts with mouse interleukin-6 (IL-6). The MP5-32c11 antibody can not neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-6.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- COS-7-expressed, recombinant mouse IL-6
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
ELISA Detection, ELISPOT Detection
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For use as an ELISA detection antibody, a concentration range of 0.5 - 2 µg/mL is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of mouse IL-6 recombinant protein ranging from 500 to 8 pg/mL are recommended for each ELISA plate. For use as an ELISPOT detection antibody, a concentration range of 1 - 4 µg/mL is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA Detection1-4,8 or ELISPOT Detection5,6: The biotinylated MP5-32C11 antibody is useful as a detection antibody for a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the purified MP5-20F3 antibody (Cat. No. 504502/504506) as capture antibody and recombinant mouse IL-6 (Cat. No. 575709) as the standard.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting, In Vivo Capture7.
Note: For testing mouse IL-6 in serum, plasma or supernatant, BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets (Cat. No. 431301 to 431306) are specially developed and recommended.
- Application References
- Abrams J, et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 127:5.
- Sander B, et al. 1993. J. Immunol. Meth. 166:201.
- Starnes H, et al. 1990. J. Immunol. 145:4185.
- Abrams J. 1995. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons, New York. Unit 6.20.
- Fujihashi K, et al. 1991. J. Immunol. Meth. 160:181.
- Mo X, et al. 1995. J. Virol. 69:1288.
- Finkelman F, et al. 2003. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley & Sons, New York. Unit 6.28.
- O'Connell PJ, et al. 2006. Blood 107:1010.
- Product Citations
AB_2127458 (BioLegend Cat. No. 504601)
AB_2233898 (BioLegend Cat. No. 504602)
- Neuropoietic cytokine family; 22-29 kD (Mammalian)
- Hematopoiesis; antigen-specific immune responses, inflammatory reactions; acute phase reaction
- Cell Sources
- T cells, B cells, macrophages, bone marrow stromal cells, fibroblasts, keratinocytes, mesangium, astrocytes, endothelial cells
- Cell Targets
- T cells, B cells, hepatocytes, cholinergic neurons
- Heterodimer IL-6Rα (CD126)/IL-6Rβ (CD130; gp130)
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Hirano T. 1998. Intl. Rev. Immunol. 16:249.
3. Patterson P. 1992. Curr. Opin. Neurobiol. 2:94.
4. Van Oers M, et al. 1993. Ann. Hematology 66:219.
- Upregulated by IL-1, TNF, PDGF, IFN-β, TNF-α, NGF, IL-17; downregulated by glucocorticoids IL-4, TGF-β
- Gene ID
- 16193 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-6 on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
|Biotin anti-mouse IL-6||MP5-32C11||ELISA Detection, ELISPOT Detection|
|Purified anti-mouse IL-6||MP5-32C11||ELISA Detection, ELISPOT Detection|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.