- 8F5.1A9 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Interleukin-17F, ML-1
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Interleukin 17F (IL-17F) is a 37 kD IL-17 family member. The IL-17 family consists of six members including IL-17 (also called IL-17A), IL-17B, IL-17C, IL-17D, IL-17E (also called IL-25), and IL-17F. IL-17F shares the strongest similarity to IL-17A and forms a homodimer or heterodimer with IL-17A. It is produced by Th17 cells, mast cells, basophils, and epithelial cells. IL-17F is an important regulator of inflammatory responses. It is involved in host defense against mucoepithelial infection by Staphylococcus aureus and Citrobacter rodentium. Overexpression of the IL-17F gene in the airways of mice is associated with airway neutrophilia, the induction of many cytokines, an increase in airway hyperreactivity, and mucus hypersecretion. IL-17F is also involved in cancer immunity and autoimmune responses. IL-17F, like IL-17A, depends on IL-17R for its signaling in vitro and in vivo. P38 MAPK, ERK1/2, Act1 (NF-kB activator protein 1), and TRAF6 are involved in IL-17F signaling.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse IL-17F-OVA
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
ELISA Detection - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For use as an ELISA detection antibody, a concentration range of 1.0-4.0 µg/mL is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of IL-17A/F recombinant protein ranging from 500 to 7.8 pg/mL are recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA Detection: The biotinylated 8F5.1A9 antibody is useful as a detection antibody for a sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with purified TC11-18H10.1 (Cat. No. 506901 or 506906) antibody as the capture antibody and recombinant mouse IL-17A/F (Cat. No. 580809) as the standard.
Flow Cytometry: The fluorochrome-labeled 8F5.1A9 antibody is useful for intracellular immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify IL-17F-producing cells within mixed cell populations.
Note: For testing mouse IL-17F in serum, plasma or supernatant, BioLegend's ELISA LEGEND MAX™ Kits (Cat. No. 436107 & 436108) are specially developed and recommended.
AB_2562987 (BioLegend Cat. No. 517105)
- Forms a 37 kD homodimer or heterodimer with IL-17A, a IL-17 family member.
- Th17 cells, mast cells, basophils, and epithelial cells.
- An important regulator of inflammatory responses, involved in cancer immunity and autoimmune responses as well.
- IL-17R (CD217)
- Cell Type
- Th17, Mast cells, Basophils, Epithelial cells, Neutrophils
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Dong C. 2008. Immunol. Rev. 226:80.
2. Kolls JK, et al. 2004. Immunity 21:467.
3. Aggarwal S, et al. 2002. J. Leukoc. Biol. 71:1.
4. Yang XO, et al. 2008. J. Exp. Med. 205:1063.
5. Ishigame H, et al. 2009. Immunity 30:108.
6. Hu Y, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 184:4307.
- Gene ID
- 257630 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-17F on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.