- MIB-5E9.1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interferon-β, Fibroblast interferon (Fi-IFN, F-IFN), Type-1 interferon, acid-stable interferon, R1-G1 factor, IFN-b, IFN-beta
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Interferon-β is a member of the type I interferon class. Type I IFNs are involved in the innate immune system, being released non-specifically during the early stage of infection in response to stimuli such as viruses, dsRNA, LPS, and bacterial components. Once secreted by virus-infected or activated cells, they bind to the IFNα/β receptor (IFNAR), which is found on almost all cell types, and, via the JAK-STAT pathway, induce the expression of hundreds of IFN-stimulated genes (ISGs). While the function of many of these proteins remains to be elucidated, a hallmark of type I IFNs is their anti-viral activities, both general and specific against particular viruses. Type I IFNs also regulate cell growth and apoptosis, and exert various immunomodulatory and inflammatory effects. As such, they are also clinically relevant, both as therapeutics and as targets of inhibition for the treatment of various autoimmune diseases and cancer.
Mouse IFN-β is a ~20 kD monomeric glycoprotein. It has 50% amino acid sequence homology with mouse IFN-α, its closest related protein, and 62% homology with human IFN-β. IFN-β is currently the therapeutic of choice for treating multiple sclerosis.
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
ELISA Detection - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. A concentration of 1 µg/ml of the detection antibody was utilized to generate the example standard curve. It is recommended that each lot of reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA Detection: To measure mouse IFN-ß, the biotinylated MIB-5E9.1 antibody is useful as the detection antibody in a sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with the purified Poly5192 antibody (Cat. No. 519202) as the capture antibody and Recombinant Mouse IFN-ß (ELISA Std.) (Cat. No. 581309) as the standard.
Western Blotting: The purified antibody is recommended for Western blotting (Cat. Nos. 508102 & 508104).
Neutralization1: The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of mouse IFN-ß bioactivity (Cat. Nos. 508107 & 508108).
Note: For testing mouse IFN-ß in serum, plasma or cell culture supernatant, BioLegend's ELISA LEGEND MAX™ Kits (Cat. Nos. 439407 & 439408) are specially developed and recommended.
- Application References
- Product Citations
AB_2562972 (BioLegend Cat. No. 508105)
- Interferon; 26-35 kD (Mammalian)
Fibroblasts, epithelial cells
- IFNα/βR (IFNAR-1, IFNAR-2)
- Non-specific humoral immune responses and immune responses against viral infections, increases expression of MHC class I antigens, blocks expression of MHC class II antigens stimulated by IFN-γ
- Cell Targets
- Broad, includes NK cells, T suppressor cells, activated monocytes
- Cell Type
- Epithelial cells, Fibroblasts
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Nagarajan U. 2011. Crit. Rev. Immunol. 31:459.
2. Honda K, et al. 2005. Int. Immunol. 17:1367.
- Upregulated by viruses, double-stranded RNA, micro-organisms, TNF, IL-1
- Gene ID
- 15977 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IFN-beta on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.