- MQ2-39C3 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-6, B cell stimulating factor-2 (BSF-2), Cytotoxic T cell differentiation factor (CDF), Hepatocyte stimulating factor (HSF), Hybridoma/plasmacytoma growth factor (HPGF)
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-6 is a potent lymphoid cell growth factor that stimulates the growth and survival of certain B cells and T cells. IL-6 plays a role in host defense, acute phase reactions, immune response, and hematopoiesis. IL-6 is expressed by T cells, B cells, monocytes, fibroblasts, hepatocytes, endothelial cells and keratinocytes. The MQ2-39C3 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-6.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- COS-7- expressed, recombinant human IL-6
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
ELISA Detection, ELISPOT Detection - Quality tested
ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA detection applications, a concentration range of 0.5 - 2.0 µg/mL is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of IL-6 recombinant protein ranging from 1000 to 8 pg/mL are recommended for each ELISA plate. For use as an ELISPOT detection antibody, a concentration range of 1.0 - 4.0 µg/mL is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT Detection1-4: The biotinylated MQ2-39C3 antibody is useful as a detection antibody for a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with purified MQ2-13A5 antibody (Cat. No. 5001102/501110) as the capture antibody.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: neutralization1, Western blotting. The LEAF™ purified MQ2-13A5 antibody (Endotoxin Note: For testing human IL-6 in serum or plasma, BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets (Cat. No. 430501 to 430506) are specially developed and recommended.
- Application References
- Abrams, J., et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 127:5.
- Abrams, J. 1995. Curr. Prot. Immunol.. John Wiley and Sons, New York. Unit 6.20.
- Gaines Das, R., et al. 1993. J. Immunol. Meth. 160:147.
- Lesmeister, M. J., et al. 2005. Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology 3:74.
- Product Citations
AB_2127615 (BioLegend Cat. No. 501201)
AB_2249232 (BioLegend Cat. No. 501202)
- Neuropoietic cytokine family; 26 kD (Mammalian)
- Hematopoiesis; antigen-specific immune responses, inflammatory reactions; acute phase reaction
- Cell Sources
- T cells, B cells, macrophages, bone marrow stromal cells, fibroblasts, keratinocytes, mesangium, astrocytes, endothelial cells
- Cell Targets
- T cells, B cells, hepatocytes, cholinergic neurons
- Heterodimer IL-6Rα (CD126)/IL-6Rβ (CD130; gp130)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald, K., et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Hirano, T. 1998. Intl. Rev. Immunol. 16:249.
3. Patterson, P. 1992. Curr. Opin. Neurobiol. 2:94.
4. Van Oers, M., et al. 1993. Ann. Hematology 66:219.
- Upregulated by IL-1, PDGF, IFN-β, TNF-α, NGF, IL-17; downregulated by glucocorticoids IL-4, TGF-β
- Gene ID
- 3569 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-6 on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
|Biotin anti-human IL-6||MQ2-39C3||ELISA Detection, ELISPOT Detection, ICC|
|Purified anti-human IL-6||MQ2-39C3||ELISA, WB|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.